Aethereal v1.0 Released!!!

Official support for: psychicmodulation.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The latest addition to the Neurosynth Pack, Aethereal is an ambient vector synth for creating evolving atmospheres and textures. Aethereal comes equipt with over 100 built in sampled sounds such as synth tones, atmospheres, vocal pads and sound FX. The sounds can be loaded into four wave oscillators which can be mixed between using a sophisticated 4-Way TransMixer, either manually, with Auto-Modulation or in a set transition from one sound to the next.

The Auto-Modulation section can also control the Multi-Vector, which uses three X/Y Position Points to modulate various parameters. Each point can be assigned to two different parameters which are then controlled in the vector grid by moving the Position Point up/down & left/right.

To add to the modulation options is a 16-step mod sequencer, which can modulate things like the filter and pitch. This can be used to add subtle movement as well drastic rythmic effects.

All of this along with two multi-stage filters, a dual delay, three modulation envelopes and assignable modwheel and pitchbender make Aethereal a very flexible and expressive ambient synthesizer with many possibilities.

• -Over 100 built in sounds such as synth tones, atmospheres, vocal pads and sound FX

-Four wave oscillators with independant amp envelopes; the oscillators are divided into two sections that can be routed to seperate audio output channels

-4-Way TransMixer for making set transitions from one sound to another; can also be used for manual or automatic mixing

-Multi-Vector for modulating various parameters in an X/Y path

-Auto-Modulation section for automatic control of the Multi-Vector as well as the TransMixer (modulation equivelnt of 8 LFOs)

-16-Step Modulation Sequencer - For sequenced modulation of pitch and filters

-Two filter sections, each with independant envelopes, inverters, gain compensation & multiple stages (1-4)

-Three modulation envelopes

-Dual Stereo Delay section

-Assignable pitchbend and modwheel

-64 presets
Mp3 demo:
Aethereal.mp3

Download:
Aethereal v1.0-demo.zip

Aethereal is available for $24.95 USD.
Alternatively the entire Neurosynth Pack can still be registered for only $49.95 for the remainder of this week, after the 21st the price will increase to match the new addition. Full pack registered users are given access to all current full versions (8 synths), all future updates and are entitled to all future additions to the pack.

Click here for purchasing options
Last edited by jack [psychicmodulation] on Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.

looks sexy

looking forward to the mp3's ;)

Subz

Here all expecting. :)

very nice...

Update: I decided to remove the phase dist oscillator, I noticed that I was always turning it off, and it really didnt do the overall sound much justice. But this will save cpu considerably.

So I had to fill in that empty space with somthing, so I decided to go with a mini 8-step mod sequencer. I think this will get alot more use than the pd osc.

Oh and I didnt forget the mp3 demos, I've just been kinda busy with my crappy day job.

:party:

thank you for the 8 step sequencer! Nice (and usable) touch.
-Jazzyspoon

Okay, I finally have an mp3 demo, you can check it out here:
http://www.psychicmodulation.com/aethereal.mp3

Four instances of aethereal only, no fx added except Endorphin for compressing.
It's a bit short, but hopefully it'll give you an idea of what kind of things you can do with it.

Wow! This sounds much darker than I expected. I can't wait to hear more. :D
Buy my cd here (Prog rock/synth pop/classical/soundtrack-ish music):
http://cdbaby.com/cd/cyanogen
Newer songs/unreleased material:
https://soundcloud.com/cyanogenmusicpage

Well I ran into a few issues here and there, added some new sounds and a few new features, and spent way too much time on the presets. It took a bit longer than I expected, but I figured it's better to get everything right with version 1.0 and avoid any unescessary post-release updates. Expect the initial release in a few days.

just tried to load this in Live 5.2 and my PC crashed ... i'm running XP with an AMD athlon 1.8g (nonSSE) ... :(

thecontrolcentre wrote:just tried to load this in Live 5.2 and my PC crashed ... i'm running XP with an AMD athlon 1.8g (nonSSE) ... :(
did you get any kind of error message, or just a crash?
did it crash more than once?

I've tested Aethereal on various Win OS's and hosts, always runs beautifully.

This is such an unbelievably kickass synthesizer people. Just buy it, just freaking buy it. Probably the most impressive SynthEdit creation ever, aside from WOF-III Pro... just a straight kick in the nuts.

Jack R = :hail:

Jack R wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:just tried to load this in Live 5.2 and my PC crashed ... i'm running XP with an AMD athlon 1.8g (nonSSE) ... :(
no error message ... just a crash. I haven't tried loading it again ... [edit]

Ok tried it again in Live and got an error message "a serious error has occurred ... " then my computer crashed again ... i think this is a Live problem tho' coz it works OK in Mini-Host, apart from the audio breaking up sometimes after the demo-restriction audio dropout :shrug:

sounds great when it works tho' ...

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Jack R wrote:
no error message ... just a crash. I haven't tried loading it again ... [edit]

Ok tried it again in Live and got an error message "a serious error has occurred ... " ... i think this is a Live problem tho' coz it works OK in Mini-Host, apart from the audio breaking up sometimes after the demo-restriction audio dropout :shrug:

sounds great when it works tho' ...
I'll try to download a demo of Live and see if I can figure anything out. Thanks for letting me know.

Return to “Psychic Modulation”