Cerebrum-4 tutorials

Official support for: psychicmodulation.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm going to post a series of tutorials in this thread that will explain certain features in Cerebrum-4, since the manual is still not completed. If there are any features you would like explained, let me know and I'll include them here.

Tutorial 1 - Pattern Playlists:

The 4 blue switches in the top left corner of the sequencer: A,B,C & D are your 4 switchable patterns. You can create 4 different pattern sequences and switch between them manually. If you hit the 'Auto' button below them, you will activate the Automatic Pattern Playlist, which is the four boxed letters under the 'Auto' button. When in Auto mode, you'll see the blue indicator move to the next letter for each bar. The letters in the boxes indicate which pattern will play next. So if they are set to ABAB for example, Cerebrum will play patterns A, B, A then B for 4 bars. This is the equivelent of a 64 step sequence. The number labeled 'Bars' next to the playlist indicates the it's length.

If using a host like FL Studio, you will notice that the playlist initially doesnt go past the first block. This is because Cerebrum's playlist follows the host's current bar, so if your host is set to repeat a bar of 16 steps, then Cerebrum will not go past it's own first 16, meaning the first block. To fix this, you simply increase the number of steps in FL, say to 32 steps, then Cerebrum will switch to the next block after the first 16 steps are played. Basically just increase the number of steps in FL to 64 and Cerebrum will play the entire playlist which is 64 steps.
Last edited by jack [psychicmodulation] on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hello,i am searching for a button to skip the cerebrum plugin to sequencer view. Can't find it on the gui.

Deejay216 wrote:Hello,i am searching for a button to skip the cerebrum plugin to sequencer view. Can't find it on the gui.
Look directly under the name of each drum module you'll see a big grey button 'SEQ'. For example look in the far top left under the name 'Kick 1'.

Recording midi out to the host piano roll.
Working with the bass sequencer, using pitch bend on the bass, and recording midi out.
Thanks for tutorials, Jack!

Unfortunately the fact the author does not create video tutorials or a step by step accurate manual, greatly discourages me to even think of purchasing this product. I would not use it if it was free. With all of the buttons and switches, the frustration levels would be high. This is a cock pit instrument panel with no manual.

Caps wrote:Unfortunately the fact the author does not create video tutorials or a step by step accurate manual, greatly discourages me to even think of purchasing this product. I would not use it if it was free. With all of the buttons and switches, the frustration levels would be high. This is a cock pit instrument panel with no manual.
No manual??? I wrote an extensive manual for this plugin, with screenshots for each section. I believe I went into very fine detail about each aspect of this VSTi in the clearest way possible.
Is there something I left out?

Hi Jack,

My apologies, did not see a manual. Is the manual apart of the download?

Caps

Caps wrote:Hi Jack,

My apologies, did not see a manual. Is the manual apart of the download?

Caps
No worries :)
The manual should be included with the demo as well as full version downloads.

Moved post

Return to “Psychic Modulation”