FR: Cerebrum4 MIDI out...

Official support for: psychicmodulation.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

I just bought Cerebrum and Construct and thought it would be nice to have the possibility to let the sequencers in Cerebrum drive Construct. This way it makes 1 + 1 = 3, don't you think. :-)

And as always, Phonec is in my top 10 synths. Thanks a lot!

This would be a great idea, but I think it would require multiple midi inputs and outputs, so each sequencer could drive a different drum. Multiple audio is possible, but I don't think it can be done with midi.

jack [psychicmodulation] wrote:This would be a great idea, but I think it would require multiple midi inputs and outputs, so each sequencer could drive a different drum. Multiple audio is possible, but I don't think it can be done with midi.
Sorry if I'm being daft here, but can't it be done with the ususal mapping of notes and choices for MIDI channel other plugins offer? You know, this drum on this note, some other drum on some other note, a choice for which note and MIDI channel each sequencer should transmit on - the classic basic stuff like that? And for each sequencer a simple choice of "MIDI only" as seen in some other drum plugins with sequencers to mute that drum and save some CPU, but I reckon you thought of that? Or am I missing something obvious here or forgetting something about how these plugins work that are radically different from other drum plugins, or perhaps you meant internal routing within the plugin itself?

V-GER wrote:
jack [psychicmodulation] wrote:This would be a great idea, but I think it would require multiple midi inputs and outputs, so each sequencer could drive a different drum. Multiple audio is possible, but I don't think it can be done with midi.
Sorry if I'm being daft here, but can't it be done with the ususal mapping of notes and choices for MIDI channel other plugins offer? You know, this drum on this note, some other drum on some other note, a choice for which note and MIDI channel each sequencer should transmit on - the classic basic stuff like that? And for each sequencer a simple choice of "MIDI only" as seen in some other drum plugins with sequencers to mute that drum and save some CPU, but I reckon you thought of that? Or am I missing something obvious here or forgetting something about how these plugins work that are radically different from other drum plugins, or perhaps you meant internal routing within the plugin itself?
I'm talking about communication between two plugins. One controlling the other. This can easily be done within one plugin, but for both to communicate this way, each sequencer on Cerebrum would need it's own midi out and each drum module on Construct would need it's own midi in.
Actually, I just opened up Synthedit to take a look, and it might be a possibility. Might be buggy and difficult to setup in a host, unless it's Bidule or EnergyXT(those guys still around?), but using a MIDI trigger on a different channel for each seq could work. I can toy around with the idea if I get time...

jack [psychicmodulation] wrote:...
Actually, I just opened up Synthedit to take a look, and it might be a possibility. Might be buggy and difficult to setup in a host, unless it's Bidule or EnergyXT(those guys still around?), but using a MIDI trigger on a different channel for each seq could work. I can toy around with the idea if I get time...
I'm using Reaper (and Bitwig, Usine and some others) and once you set it up on a few tracks in Reaper you just save them as a track template. Couldn't be much easier. :)

Return to “Psychic Modulation”