Phonec 64 bit problem

Official support for: psychicmodulation.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi
Having a problem with the new 64 bit Phonec under Windows 10 64 bit. Neither of my two 64 bit hosts: Reaper and Orion will recognise it. The 32 bit version shows up fine in 32 bit Reaper and Orion. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Paul

PS. Phonec is fantastic

Hi
Looked into this some more. Reaper has a VST ini file that lists all the VST's it has scanned. For a "successful" VST it shows the DLL name, some sort of Reaper timestamp, the unique VST id and the name to be displayed within Reaper. The entry for Phonec 2 is there, proving that it has been scanned. However there is only the Reaper timestamp and nothing else. I tried making up an id and adding the name Phonec... this made some difference in that Phonec shows up as an effect in Reaper....but still will not load.
Jack, could you have a look into this please?
Thanks
Paul

If you remove that specific line in the ini-file Reaper will try to rescan the plugin. Sometimes there's a hiccup and it's always worth if you haven't done it already.

Adding that Phonec 64-bit works perfectly fine in my Reaper 64-bit version.

Hi
Tried deleting line, but it just re-scanned the same. This is the last few lines of the ini file:

Toxic.dll=0047AE1E908DD101,1417169251,Toxic 2.5 (Synapse Audio)!!!VSTi
Transient_Master.dll=1BD19CA28732D101,1315513397,Transient Master (Native Instruments GmbH)
X_Poly.dll=802FFAF18F8DD101,1398296652,X-Poly (Synapse Audio)!!!VSTi
Phonec_2_x64.dll=004F74BA3D80D101

Reaper has failed to read the id tag and name and so Phonec_2 won't load.
Interesting that Reaper works for you, so there must be an id tag in the DLL . Is that Windows 10 64 bit?

Cheers
Paul

Yep, I'm running an upgraded Windows 10 64-bit (from Windows 7 64-bit).

Have you tried to start reaper with "Run as administrator"?
If that's not working, try running the installer for Phonec 2 with "Run as administrator". Sometimes it helps...

Hi
Just tried running Reaper as administrator and also did a re-install of Phonec 2 set as admin. No difference. I have Reaper set as a "portable" install so that all files are in one directory... wonder if that makes a difference? No problems with Komplete 10 and a whole bunch of other VST's.
Thanks for your help on this jensa. I wonder where Jack is?
On a different note, I see you are from Sweden. Are you aware of the phone-a-random-swede thing that is going on at the moment? I am in the UK and we are hearing a lot about it!! Cool idea :-)
Going back to Phonec.... I seem to be stuck. Really don't want to use 32 bit version bridged
Cheers
Paul

Portable reaper install here,no problem with Phonec 64

Hi
Thanks for that ere2. I had installed Phonec2 in my own VST directory in drive c root, so tried again using Jack's default path. But still no difference. I'm completely stuck. And weird that you guys have no problems ....
Paul

Also, just to repeat that Orion 64 (I know it's a little known host) also fails to recognise it. It's sounding like something to do with my PC configuration...

I just pointed Reaper 64 at the 32bit Phonec2 DLL and it loaded fine in the bridge. I then went to the Reaper VST ini file and copied the VST id and name which was all there as expected. Then pointed Reaper at the 64 bit Phonec2 and re-scanned. Failed to recognise (as before) and the ini line was incomplete. So I copied id and name from scan of 32 bit Phonec 2 into ini file. Phonec2 then shows up in Reaper but will not load when you click it. Says something like "cannot load plug-in".
Paul

smithoid wrote:I just pointed Reaper 64 at the 32bit Phonec2 DLL and it loaded fine in the bridge. I then went to the Reaper VST ini file and copied the VST id and name which was all there as expected. Then pointed Reaper at the 64 bit Phonec2 and re-scanned. Failed to recognise (as before) and the ini line was incomplete. So I copied id and name from scan of 32 bit Phonec 2 into ini file. Phonec2 then shows up in Reaper but will not load when you click it. Says something like "cannot load plug-in".
Paul
It might be that you need to update/install a windows system dll.
If you can, run 'depends.exe' and select the phonec2 dll - it should show you if a critical system dll is missing on your system.
Most likely are: MSVCP100.dll or MSVCR100.dll

Regards
Chris

Hi
Thanks for that Chris. I've not use "depends.exe" before and it took me out of my comfort zone! The result shows "?" all over the place, but at the top level of the tree it reports: API-MS-WIN-CORE-RTLSUPPORT-L1-2-0.DLL
But this is beginning to make some sense in that I have a clean install of Windows 10 rather than an upgrade like Jensa (earlier in thread). Not sure where I go from here? I guess the question lies with Jack and his developer

Chris...you sir, are a genius.
Neither of those DLL's you mention were on my system but were present on another Windows 10 PC we have in the house. Directory C:\Windows\System32. I copied them across, did a re-install of Phonec2 64 bit and fantastic.... recognised and working. The only thing I don't understand is why System32 if it's 64 bit Windows and a 64 bit plug-in? Obviously showing my ignorance there as a poor muso!
Jack, you need to address this as it will happen to other people.
All the best
Paul

smithoid wrote:Chris...you sir, are a genius.
Neither of those DLL's you mention were on my system but were present on another Windows 10 PC we have in the house. Directory C:\Windows\System32. I copied them across, did a re-install of Phonec2 64 bit and fantastic.... recognised and working. The only thing I don't understand is why System32 if it's 64 bit Windows and a 64 bit plug-in? Obviously showing my ignorance there as a poor muso!
Jack, you need to address this as it will happen to other people.
All the best
Paul
Hey Paul, sorry I'm late to the thread. I'm glad it's working for you now!
Chris is the programmer for Phonec 2, so he definitely knows what he's talking about.
As for the System32 folder, I think it's just named that and doesn't really pertain to 32-bit necessarily. I'll have a chat with Chris and see if there's anything we should be concerned with here regarding this whole issue. It may have just been missing files on your system. Also if I'm ever hard to track down around here, just shoot me an email at support@psychicmodulation.com and I'll get back to you asap.

smithoid wrote:On a different note, I see you are from Sweden. Are you aware of the phone-a-random-swede thing that is going on at the moment? I am in the UK and we are hearing a lot about it!! Cool idea :-)
Yeah I've heard about it and it's quite cool, even though I haven't signed up for becoming an answering machine. :-) Just watched our prime minister picking up some random calls on this news page:

http://www.dn.se/webb-tv/klipp/nyheter/ ... numret/?l1

Return to “Psychic Modulation”