Undertow - Beat Bending Dub FX - Now Available!

Official support for: psychicmodulation.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Undertow is a Beat Bending Dub Box designed primarily as a Multi-FX Unit for beats and drum loops, with consideration for other uses such as synth, bass and even vocals. Regardless of what kind of sound you put into Undertow, it will boost your low-end bass frequency, crossfade the signal into a Speaker for lo-fi telephone EQ, and warm up the resulting tone with a Saturation Driver. Then pass your treated signal into the Echo for some dubby, phased out delays. Finally, you can go wild with the Bend Modulator, which will rhythmically shape the overall effect using phase-locked waveforms with adjustable start position for creating things like pumping drums and basslines, gated delay feedback, phaser and flanger effects, echo melting, spatial effects and more.

Features:
  • Tone Booster: Bass Frequency Enhancer
  • Speaker: Telephone EQ Mixer
  • Saturation Driver
  • Echo: Analog tape style dub delay unit
  • Phase Filter: All-pass Delay Filter
  • Bend: Beat Specific LFO
  • Uses include: Ducking and Pumping, Feedback Gating, Echo Pitch Warping, Phaser Modulation, Flanger Effects and Spatial Effects
  • Sub Presets for each FX section
  • Randomization controls for each effect section
  • MIDI Learn and automation of most parameters
  • Double-Click Parameter Reset
  • Intuitive patch management system
  • 128 presets to get you started
Undertow is available for the introductory price of $39.
(Intro price will remain in place for the entire month of April, after that it will be $49)

Here's a quick tweak session with Undertow applied to a drum loop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ4Jc29FHq8&t=2s

More info and demo downloads here:
https://www.psychicmodulation.com/undertow.html

Can't wait to try this. No doubt it will be a winner considering Jack is a master dev :wink:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

I am having so much fun with Undertow. It is a BLAST! Been messing with it on some drums and just can't stop smiling.

This is a great new addition to the stellar PM lineup. It can be a wild beast, but is also easy to tame when things start getting a little too crazy. This is the plugin I never knew I wanted, but damn did I want it!

My main feature request would be a free modulation rate in addition to the synced options. I'd love to be able to automate it.

As with the other PM plugs I sometimes have a hard time wrapping my head around the preset saving system. If I tweak an existing preset and want to save it as a new preset the name that is displayed is the same as the original even if I save it with a different name. For example: If I start with the default "Tone - Warmup" preset and make all my changes and I then go to Save Preset and choose File Selector (save as..). I create a new sub-folder in the Shared>Undertow>Presets folder and name it User. I then name the preset "King Dubby" (or whatever) and I then go to Load Preset and select [ User ] and it shows "King Dubby" as selected but the name displayed in the plugin still shows up as the original "Tone - Warmup"

I would really appreciate a more detailed tutorial on the preset management system than what is in the manual. One of my favorite things about PM's plugins is how intuitive they are, but the preset system is the most unintuitive that I have ever used. Some tips on how best to manage it would be welcome.

A small price to pay for such awesome plugins though. Thanks for Undertow!

When I really consider I have already enough plugins to explore, that they cover a myriad of uses, you come up with a creative plugin that's simply amazing. Kudos !

Cheers.

(As a side note, works fine in Linux as all other PM plugins do, using wine-staging 4.5 and linvst, in Bitwig 2.4.3)

Automating this will bring a lot of goodness - can't wait to do so !

evo2slo wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:38 pm As with the other PM plugs I sometimes have a hard time wrapping my head around the preset saving system. If I tweak an existing preset and want to save it as a new preset the name that is displayed is the same as the original even if I save it with a different name. For example: If I start with the default "Tone - Warmup" preset and make all my changes and I then go to Save Preset and choose File Selector (save as..). I create a new sub-folder in the Shared>Undertow>Presets folder and name it User. I then name the preset "King Dubby" (or whatever) and I then go to Load Preset and select [ User ] and it shows "King Dubby" as selected but the name displayed in the plugin still shows up as the original "Tone - Warmup"
You need to rename the preset on the GUI before saving it. Do this by right-clicking on the preset name display.
evo2slo wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:38 pm I would really appreciate a more detailed tutorial on the preset management system than what is in the manual. One of my favorite things about PM's plugins is how intuitive they are, but the preset system is the most unintuitive that I have ever used. Some tips on how best to manage it would be welcome.
I am planning to improve the preset management system in future versions of all plugins. For now check the user manual, I tried to explain the system in detail under the 'Patch management' section. If you have any specific questions, feel free to post here or email me.

mevla wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:04 pm When I really consider I have already enough plugins to explore, that they cover a myriad of uses, you come up with a creative plugin that's simply amazing. Kudos !

Cheers.

(As a side note, works fine in Linux as all other PM plugins do, using wine-staging 4.5 and linvst, in Bitwig 2.4.3)
Good to know. Thanks!

Undertow is impressive, both smart and unique, The concept is simply genial, versatility goes hand in hand with originality. Functionality and fast! two qualities that are highly valued today. Straight to my wish list for December or first quarter of 2022.
Session guitarist and music producer from Venezuela
One of my old demos: (Scarbee and Overloud)
https://bit.ly/3mDq0D3

At this point I consider every PM product as must-have. :borg:

Now bring that EchoMelt 3 already! :hyper: :hyper:

I can't seem to download the Demo for some reason. HEEELLLPP!!!

I can download the demos for both platforms with Firefox.

PapaDee wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:17 pm I can't seem to download the Demo for some reason. HEEELLLPP!!!
What browser are you on? I recently fixed some issues with Chrome/Opera. Just tested again and no issues there or Safari. Maybe clear your browser cache?

Ya...I got it to download with Brave. Something was glitching on my end with Firefox for some reason. Seems others had no problem with Firefox . Something my end i reckon. PS...Love what you do.
The dry/wet slider at the bottom on the trial of Undertow doesn't seem to do anything though in Renoise. Any suggestions on that? Never had a problem with any of your other products in Renoise. Want to get this....Maybe it works fine in the full version.

hi jack,
i can not contact you via email. can you make available your email adress on your website?

achtnullacht wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:18 pm hi jack,
i can not contact you via email. can you make available your email adress on your website?
Just sent you a pm.

Return to “Psychic Modulation”