Everything is gone

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When I wanted to open Mulab just now, everything was gone.
It opened in demo mode, no plugins, audio engine, nothing.
Last night everything loaded just fine.

The worst thing is that my recent projects also seem gone, those recorded since June.

Wtf is going on?! :(

Puh, at least the projects are not gone, I didn't see the latest ones because Windows Explorer sorts files wrongly (has to do with the last-change date format, which is not like in English here).

But the rest remains screwed up :?

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

:hihi:

The problem is that Mulab somehow doesn't seem to access my user folder anymore.

Never mind, I switched to Reaper, as much as its user interface sucks :P

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

Please see this doc page, especially the section about the user folder.
https://www.mutools.com/info/M8/docs/co ... ences.html

So if you would have moved an existing MuLab folder (containing all your user settings incl vst plugin database etc) to a non-writable folder (which is not recommended, unless you know what you're doing) then the user folder will have switched in the app data system folder. If you then want to continue to use your previous user settings, then have to copy them to the new user folder in the app data folder.

In short: If you want to keep things simple then make sure you install MuLab in a writable folder.
Then the user folder will simply be the MuLab/User/Settings sub-folder.

Well, I had used Mulab the evening before, it worked fine as always. Then, the next day it no longer did. I had changed absolutely nothing, no update or anything. So, it has nothing to do with folders because I have had Mulab and all the music crap in the same folder and directory for years.

In the Philippines they consider technology to be another form of life. Maybe your computer dislikes your music, and is losing your files on purpose? There's a reason for everything. God works in mysterious ways.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Yes, nobody likes my music :(

Have been using version 7.7.4 for about a week now, works flawlessly :tu:
Have done quite some exports to audio, not a single crash like the one in v8.
I think I will stick with 7.7.4 in the future. Being the last update within v7, it seems to be very solid and bug-free (of course it isn't, but I haven't come across any bugs so far). And I don't need the v8 features, anyway.
In fact, I was already thinking of returning to 6.5.46, which I remember was very solid as well. But I can't find my v6 user key :?

I panicked when I had the same issue and found this file in the User folder [UserFolderPath.txt]
it contains this:
UserFolderPath=@SystemAppData

Which means that MuLab is no longer looking in the default folder, but a system one. I never created it either, so MuLab is somehow creating this file without my knowledge.

Maybe it's the same for you?

sl23 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:25 am I panicked when I had the same issue and found this file in the User folder [UserFolderPath.txt]
it contains this:
UserFolderPath=@SystemAppData

Which means that MuLab is no longer looking in the default folder, but a system one. I never created it either, so MuLab is somehow creating this file without my knowledge.

Maybe it's the same for you?
Yep, I have the same entry in the M8 user folder. Not sure what it means...

Just delete the file, I did, and it solved the issue.

sl23 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:55 am Just delete the file, I did, and it solved the issue.
If you say so. I always hesitate to delete files I don't know :hihi:

Usually, such files are created again when you start up the program.

Return to “MUTOOLS”