Mu Mux modular

Official support for: mutools.com
KVRer
10 posts since 4 Apr, 2021

Post Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:41 pm

I am a new user and I really enjoy modular editing. Looking forward to the return of MuTools. A couple of questions - When trying to load VST3's in Mu Mux I cannot find them. The VST's are there, but no VST3's. Is this just Mu not seeing them because it's the free version? Also, I cannot export any audio file. Is that, again, because it's a free demo?

I mainly work in Reaper, making environmental soundscapes for meditation. I wish Reaper would implement a modular-type editing capability, but so far it ain't here. If MuTools ever comes back online I would definitely buy the full version, I just would like to be able to load all of my VST3's into it.

KVRAF
10930 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Post Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:10 pm

Rodulf wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:41 pm
I am a new user and I really enjoy modular editing. Looking forward to the return of MuTools. A couple of questions - When trying to load VST3's in Mu Mux I cannot find them. The VST's are there, but no VST3's. Is this just Mu not seeing them because it's the free version?
MUX does not yet support VST3.
Also, I cannot export any audio file. Is that, again, because it's a free demo?
Which audio export function in MUX do you mean?

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:27 am

Well, all of them. Nothing will export. Not a real problem as I can render out a track through Reaper and Rewire. I just did not know if it's because this is a free version. Thank you for your quick reply. I do hope at some point you will be offering an updated full version.

KVRAF

Post Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:55 am

First of all: No there are no limits in MUX Modular 8 when using the temporary free M8 user key.
So i'd like to help you out but i still don't know which audio export function in MUX Modular you mean.
Please elaborate in detail.

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:24 am

"Export Composition as Audio File" The error message says "Cannot make WAV file". It's not a big deal, as I found I can render through Reaper in Rewire mode, which is working fine.

KVRAF

Post Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:05 am

That's why i'm confused as that function is not relevant for MUX Modular 8 Plugin.
It's a MuLab 8 function.
Where do you see this function in MUX Modular 8 Plugin?

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:07 am

Ok, I think were talking about different things. Looks like I've got Mu Lab. Under "Project" is where I find the export function in question.

KVRAF

Post Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:56 am

So are you saying that the "Export To Audio File" function does not work in MuLab?
Are you sure you have selected a proper audio file to export to?

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:29 pm

Just what pops up...>WAV 16 bit. Tried .aiff also won't create a file

KVRAF
6779 posts since 8 Feb, 2003 from London, UK

Post Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:27 pm

Are you trying to save to a write-protected location?

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:31 am

pljones wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:27 pm
Are you trying to save to a write-protected location?
I've tried to save to my Desktop...no luck.

KVRAF

Post Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:31 am

Please share a screen video that shows what you're doing.
So video should start just before doing Project -> Export To Audio File and continue until the error message you get.

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:22 pm

My video skills are not up to that. I'll try to describe it....open Mu Lab>Delete the Synth track>Add an audio file to Track 1 by drag/drop from browser, select "Audio Stream" from the pop up>Edit track>Go to Project and select "Export Composition as Audio File>At the prompt "Only export Selected Parts" select "no">At "Export Composition" pop up I try to name the file>Error Message says "Could not create .WAV"
On a positive note your Mux Modular is working perfectly in Reaper and I am looking forward to the newest version.

Thank you.

KVRAF

Post Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:30 pm

Rodulf wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:22 pm
My video skills are not up to that. I'll try to describe it....open Mu Lab>Delete the Synth track>Add an audio file to Track 1 by drag/drop from browser, select "Audio Stream" from the pop up>Edit track>Go to Project and select "Export Composition as Audio File>At the prompt "Only export Selected Parts" select "no">At "Export Composition" pop up I try to name the file>Error Message says "Could not create .WAV"
Sounds like you forgot to select a destination audio file, thus the audio file that will be written to.
On a positive note your Mux Modular is working perfectly in Reaper and I am looking forward to the newest version.
Thx :tu:

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:18 pm

Major announcement! My issue is resolved! That was it! I'll let the FBI know and you can call INTERPOL and tell them to stand down! Somebody tell the Pope that His prayers were answered, I can now render and save files in MuLab! Seriously, thank you for your time. Looking forward the next incarnation of Mu.

Return to “MUTOOLS”