44%
APOLLO
17%
Other
15%

Total votes: 41

RELATED
PRODUCTS

BonteBurg, I see that you lean toward the "M-words" for graphics, so what do you think of:

M-Plode M-Plosion

MUSONIC MUSONIQUE

MOMENT MOMENTUM

??? :shrug: :D
RogerPerrin

I'm up to my old hat tricks again.

MuZone - One of my personal favorites.
RogerPerrin

aMuzement - keeps the "Mu" history (which I think is a good idea for Jo), has the "muze" element which implies something music-related, and hopefully "amusement" implies the whole product will be fun and easy to start off with, but deep enough to keep people interested.

MUSONIQUE/MUSONIC sounds extremely cool Roger! :o
Yeah M Words are indeed very rewarding!

Dunno about aMuzment..

M-Plosion just sounds like a very bad headache to me :hihi:

The name ELEKTRA occured to me yesterday, I'm still not over the notion of a female name for a sequencer.
It's also related to Greek mythology (albeit not musically)
And it connotes electronic music if it's a sequencer name.

Personal faves so far :
Luna because it's so serene and nocturnal, female

M. (M being "the" muzys mboom letter)
Elektra (female, electronic)

Musonique/Musonic
because it's simply bang on and cool!

Marco :)

How about 'Muzytion' or even 'Musition'? The more I think about it, the more I like it. Has a computer-y technical feel, sounds like a munition for a musician to me.

(And, yeah, I kinda noticed that you like the sound of those syllables, just spelled it different, on purpose. Feels different to me....)

Also, if you're hanging out with the mythical thing, and leaning toward female, and wanting to stick with the 'M' thing, I'd like to propose 'Maenad'.
Last edited by GreyLion on Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Muternity

Thanks for the words of encouragement, BonteBurg. Still hanging on to the female notion? Well, how about BUXOM, or ESTROGEN-XL? :hihi: Thinking of wild animals and raw power: MULE, MUSTANG, MUNTJAK? :hihi: Crossword puzzles are another hobby of mine. You learn all sorts of small, strange words, some of which are actually useful. Actually, M-Plosion, besides sounding headachie, has a sort of poetic power, implied. "Buy this product and you'll explode with ideas, yeah, Baby!!" :hihi:

ELEKTRA is a good one, too. I like the electric and the mythological angles. I haven't heard it used, and it surprises me that someone hasn't scarffed that one up for their use before now.

two more: MUANCE

MUSIQUE

Jo, I hope some of our ideas are helping, and not a chaotic distraction. :hihi: About one more day of this and my well will begin to run dry. :D
RogerPerrin

I kinda like M-Plosion, too, but M-Audio might fuss a bit. It's HARD to find a wonderful and evocative word that nobody else has a claim on....

Frankly, I think 'Musique' rocks....A quick google doesn't immediatley find anything that might cause this to be a drect infringement, but it's also used in quite a few products...

Isn't there a trademark office that you can get to do a search for you, for a fee, to make sure you don't infringe? I bet there's some REALLY complicated legal stuff here somewhere, unless you make up a totally original word. Even then, I seem to remember some article about companies trademarking words that sound even vaguely like their product, or even a product that they might be contemplating introducing, whether it ever sees the light of day or not. This product may be be off into our little music-making world enough that you don't have to worry about that, though.....?

iMplosion !mplosion IMPlosion iM-Plosion

!mplosion

Respectfully, GreyLion, I don't see enough similarity between M-Plosion and M-Audio that anyone will mistake one for the other. Certainly not a legal conflict. They aren't using M-Plosion for any of their product lines - hardware or software.

Look under the developer links above for "art" - Art Teknika, Art Vista, Artistic Techworks, arTrack Studios, Arts Acoustic, Arturia, Artvera.

"Pro-" has 8 companies in devs using those letters.

Believe it or not, one of my sisters who is in marketing fulltime, liked M-Plosion tonight at a family get together. She said it sounded really "go-gettum - dynamic."

I'll have to sleep on all these names for the weekend before I can offer any solid opinion. I'm too close to the matter at hand to be objective and unbiased. Maybe in a few days. 8)
RogerPerrin

lame !!!!!!!!!!!
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Bonteburg wrote:

The name ELEKTRA occured to me yesterday

So I guess you reread the thread then? :hihi: :-D
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Musonic sounds cool and Museq has a certain quality. :wink:
"It dreamed itself along"

jens wrote:
Bonteburg wrote:

The name ELEKTRA occured to me yesterday

So I guess you reread the thread then? :hihi: :-D
:shock:

Alright then,

Luna (Jo)

Musonique/Musonic (Rogerperrin)

M. )(Bonteburg)

Elektra (Jens)

my top four, vote still goes out to Luna, and I'm outtaheah!

Marco 8)

OK, let's launch a new name poll, with a new set of names with new counters.

Here we go: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=124930

Return to “MUTOOLS”