MUTON FREE Beta 1 for OSX & Windows

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hengy wrote:already sent ;)
yes certainly the number of times i've tried it tonight it's crashed on the 499th DLL scanned (just noticed the log file includes dll's that aren't vst's) , i don't know what it failed on in previous alpha's as i didn't have a linecount in notepad, i'll check tomorrow incase it changes.
good night - i'm sure the answer will come in a flash of inspiration while you're asleep ;)
Well so far nothing found :?

I could load 651 plugins in 1 go without a problem.
(i made multiple copies of a folder containing a bunch of plugs)

Is someone else also experiencing problems when doing "Add Vst Plugins" on a bigger folder? (i.e. hundreds of plugs)

right, i think i've found out what was happening. the culprit was mobius. it was causing a crap out of the asio4all driver (i have no idea why, as it isn't selected as the default driver in mobius - i have that selected to a non asio driver so it doesn't conflict with whatever host it's loaded under - seems to work in ext anyway)
anyway this crash would not happen directly, so it would give muton enough time to scan a few more vst's, and hence mobius would never be identified as the culprit, it would always be whatever innocent vst muton happend to be scanning when the asiodriver crapped.
only found out by watching handles being loaded and unloaded in process explorer, and noticing that asioforall was loaded by mobius. i'd been seeing an asio4all crash window when muton closed, but i assumed that was caused by muton crashing, not the other way round. (and no i don't usually use asio4all, infact i can't remember why it's on this system)
so anyway sorry to send you off on a blind bug hunt.
i've just forced mobius to be ignored in the scan and set it off, and it's scanning away,

(it'd be nice to see a window with the name of the most recently scanned vst while your doing a scan so you can see how it's doing)

oh bugger, now muton's falling over scanning saxlab, and strangely it retries to scan it the next time (and crashes again) , even though saxlab's been entered in the naughty vst xml file.
off to try more experiments

Glad you found the cause Hengy! Thanks for spitting this out!

About the new issue: i'll trace that asap.

Afternoon gentlemen!
muzycian wrote:Bonte, could it be that the "no player" thing is when you lasso select the part? But when really clicking on the part, the player is displayed. Is that correct?
Au contraire, when I lasso or shift-click on the part it's all fine, but the player disappears when I simply click on the part.

--

This is a weird one:
When I click on the keys in piano roll I can hear the notes sounding, but when I play back the sequence I can't hear anything.

I'n just sending you (Jo) a crash log of the infamous list editor bug.

Marco :)

muzycian wrote:Friday, when beta 2 comes out, then we'll know.
Well, i should have written: Soon, when beta 2 comes out, then we'll know.

Still working out some reported issues.

Talk to you soon!

Another bug: I had SFZ open as the current instrument in Muton Beta 1, then closed Muton, saying "yes" to the "are you sure" message. It left SFZ behind! It's still sitting on my screen now as I type. MUTON FREE.exe is still running. Everything tidies up neatly if I close the SFZ window.

yeah i get a similar bug on OSX, SR202 keeps sitting on my screen and it's not until I choose the quit option from the dock that Muton gives it a rest..

Marco :)

edit: wrong, wrong, it's really the exact same bug peter is experiencing, you need to close the synth window for muton to shut down.

Return to “MUTOOLS”