12%
MuTracks
6%
Other
12%

Total votes: 51

RELATED
PRODUCTS

very fond of Elektra! also like musonic. don't like muton, but add an r (mutron) and i would like it fine.
:D
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

what happened to "mujay". I quite liked that, nice japanese ring, with the unfortunate association to ejay.

'muja' or 'muji' have a nice ring to them. luna and eletra are already used everywhere else, I wouldn't bother with them.

> DiGiT < wrote:no museq? muzak? mumu? M.? (wasnt there a famous program called M from the distant past?)
Museq was a now defunct sequencer of some kind. That is probably the best name, but already used. Sorry.

Muzak, for those who don't know the joke already is the U.S. company that plays elevator music for commercial buildings all over the country. Whoever named it neglected to insert a :hihi: after that suggestion. Muzak has a terrible reputation with anyone under 40 years old. I'm older and happen to enjoy a lot of their horn arrangements. Oh, well. :)

There's a lot of considerations to take into account with the international market these days. I'm sure Jo is pretty savvy on these things. We'll all help where we can. 8)
RogerPerrin

I'm up to my old hat tricks again.

voted musonic as it keeps the mu branding, prefer luna as a name, but it doesn't fit with mutools. my favourite would be muse but it exists already as a notation editor

I expect that Jo will sleep on all of this free advice for a week or two, and then make up his own mind, irregardless of this non-scientific poll. And there may be other good options popping up before his deadline. Who knows what he'll decide. It's all in good fun, and maybe we've been a help to him.

How about this: MUNITIONS, the "fully tool-tipped" sequencer/host. Instead of doing an audio freeze you'd do a "munitions dump." And it could have an onboard synth built in called: "W.M.D." And the seq could be "armed" with 3rd party vsti's. NNaaaaahh, I'm just thinking out loud again - needing lots more caffeine before I go in to work. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Mu-Thuh? Naaah - more caffeine. :D :D
RogerPerrin

Admittedly I'm offering non 'Mu' alternatives for balance so here we go:

SERENE
SIRIUS
ANDROMEDA
AURA
Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio : Reason 10

woah, mutron. now thats a good one!

> DiGiT < wrote:woah, mutron. now thats a good one!
Just a pity that the Mutron BiPhase exists already :)
Otherwise, great name.

What about other 'Mu' names...

MUZON
MUZION
MUNOISE
MUZONIC
MU MU (for old fans of the KLF :)

Musoniq
RogerPerrin

audiobot202 wrote:
> DiGiT < wrote:woah, mutron. now thats a good one!
Just a pity that the Mutron BiPhase exists already :)
Otherwise, great name.

What about other 'Mu' names...

MUZON
MUZION
MUNOISE
MUZONIC
MU MU (for old fans of the KLF :)
doh! :-o :oops:

mujik? muver? planet mu? or how about "MU"?

mu (my, m)
n.
Symbol The 12th letter of the Greek alphabet.

adj.
Of, relating to, or being a polypeptide chain that is one of five types of heavy chains present in immunoglobins.

<philosophy> /moo/ The correct answer to the classic trick
question "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?". Assuming
that you have no wife or you have never beaten your wife, the
answer "yes" is wrong because it implies that you used to beat
your wife and then stopped, but "no" is worse because it
suggests that you have one and are still beating her.
According to various Discordians and Douglas Hofstadter the
correct answer is usually "mu", a Japanese word alleged to
mean "Your question cannot be answered because it depends on
incorrect assumptions".

Hackers tend to be sensitive to logical inadequacies in
language, and many have adopted this suggestion with
enthusiasm. The word "mu" is actually from Chinese, meaning
"nothing"; it is used in mainstream Japanese in that sense,
but native speakers do not recognise the Discordian
question-denying use. It almost certainly derives from
overgeneralisation of the answer in the following well-known
Rinzei Zen teaching riddle:

A monk asked Joshu, "Does a dog have the Buddha nature?"
Joshu retorted, "Mu!"

"M"

i knew there was an M out there.

Given the variety of obscure but interesting meanings...I quite like the simple 'Mu' myself :) It's unusual, you have to give it that.

I havnt read half these posts, but i see "musonic" is the popular vote...

My first impression of the name musonic: Generic... a combination of two obvious words... soo obvious, it sounds cheezy.. also sounds too much like "prosoniq"

Luna: somewhat generic, but nowhere near cheezy... This is a name id be proud of listing on my software list (id put it right next to cubase)... 2 syllables, easy to say, and it just rolls of the tongue. it just sounds soo natural to me.. it sounds professional...

The problem with muzys was probably the name.. it was such a turn off when id tell my buddies about it (although it was the greatest software ive ever used).. Think of FRUITY LOOPS.. that name didnt leave much room for expantion.... now they have to call it FL studio (thank god).. Lets give this software a nice, short, catchy, professional name to start with!

Luna is still my vote :)

muzoniq as a small mutation fits in. :idea:
"It dreamed itself along"

Yeah, not convinced about Luna. Nice word...Goddess of the Moon..yeah I guess...making music at night.
I originally suggested Apollo. The NASA images notwithstanding, the actual relation to music and creativity is a much better fit. But people seemed either to confuse it with chicken or have too many NASA images in their heads. Obviously Classical education is not as popular these days !
I never much cared for 'Muzys' as a name either because it was awkward to pronounce. But to be honest, this is Jo's decision and I'm happy with that.
There are plenty of words in the English language without having to resort to hybrid names by the way. And plenty that have no existing software reference.
'Asphodel' was voted one of the most beautiful words in the English language but I doubt that anyone would invest in a sequencer by that name.
I've already suggested plenty of non hybrid type names in the two threads. I'm not going to bother relisting as everyone seems already too set on Musonic or Luna.

Return to “MUTOOLS”