LUNA Free Beta 6

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Which version of the grand is that?
the latest for the grand 1: the grand OSX_106PB2

Hi!

The looping metaphor seems to have changed between Muton beta 3b and Luna 6; you used to have to set a sequence length, and then if the part extended past the sequence length, then the sequence would repeat. Now, it appears that you would copy the part over and over, and each copy is "bound" to the original, and they are all "linked" to each other, so a change to one is a change to all. Is there a way to create a "clone" of a part, that is an entirely new part? Is that what "duplicate" is supposed to do? I figured it might ask me for a new name or something, and create new part somewhere (e.g., by sticking the "new" part to the mouse, and then when I set it down, it would ask me for the new name for the clone, or something like that.)

Does this have something to do with "duplicate"? When I select that menu option on a right-click on a part, it doesn't seem to do anything. I must be missing something but I'm not sure what.

Thanks!

When you copy a part, then it's indeed referencing the same sequence, so changing that sequence will have effect in both parts.

If you "Duplicate" the sequence, then a new version of the sequence is made for that part. So changing that duplicated sequence won't have effect in other parts.
(until you copy that part again of course)

The LUNA Docs are updated, and available online here:

http://www.mutools.com/luna/docs/index.html

As I await Beta 7 so I can try Luna out I have a couple questions.

1) Is it planned to allow for Midi CC so we can remote control the transport and mixer?

2) Is it going to support Dual Core/Multi-processor setups?

click the smiley for a clip made in luna!

# Whenever there is a Tool Box around, e.g. in the Composer, you can quickly select another tool by pressing T. This pops up a big Tool
this makes life a LOT easier!

(nice clip by digit!) :)

hey umm i just went to buy a copy of computer music to get the dvd so i can mess around with cmusic... all igot was an old copy of computer muzys. it was $14 too! is there a place i can get cmusic since its the only reason i bought the magazine? please? ill gladly mail in my proof of purchase...

LlukaX wrote:
# Whenever there is a Tool Box around, e.g. in the Composer, you can quickly select another tool by pressing T. This pops up a big Tool
this makes life a LOT easier!

(nice clip by digit!) :)
Oops, that's something to be corrected.

The T feature was something of a previous beta version. It has been replaced by double-clicking the background.

The docs are updated again.

> DiGiT < wrote:click the smiley for a clip made in luna!
I've clicked the clip and got a smiley :) Nice groove DiGiT! Nice way to start the day ;)

> DiGiT < wrote:hey umm i just went to buy a copy of computer music to get the dvd so i can mess around with cmusic... all igot was an old copy of computer muzys. it was $14 too! is there a place i can get cmusic since its the only reason i bought the magazine? please? ill gladly mail in my proof of purchase...
Isn't CMusic on the dvd??

no and i only found out that its supposed to be in issue 99 after i got it home. i bought issue 98.

Return to “MUTOOLS”