Importing Midi

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi.

I've just had my first play with Luna - It looks good.

I'm wondering though...

I've just tried to import a midi file with multiple tracks and multiple channels. All I get brought in is one track. Is this normal? :?

Cheers

Darrin

Darrin, are you sure the midi file has multiple tracks?

Normally LUNA will preserve the midi tracks.

If you're sure the midi file has multiple tracks, please email that midi file to me for examination.

darrinrobert wrote:Hi.

I've just had my first play with Luna - It looks good.

I'm wondering though...

I've just tried to import a midi file with multiple tracks and multiple channels. All I get brought in is one track. Is this normal? :?

Cheers

Darrin
all tracks of midi are stacked one over other on first track in LUNA. Try dragging midi events by clicking with your mouse to other tracks.
Tools are tools, they don't produce anything...

SonciBreeze wrote:
all tracks of midi are stacked one over other on first track in LUNA. Try dragging midi events by clicking with your mouse to other tracks.
Thanks SonicBreeze - just tried dragging as you suggested, works fine. :)

Daz

Will be tuned in the next version: Importing a midi file with multiple tracks will properly result in multiple parts on multiple tracks!

Thanks for pointing this out.

Jo

I have found some midi files with multiple tracks that do not appear to separate within Luna (stacked or otherwise). The same midi files appear to separate in other hosts (I have tried them in Garageband and Tracktion). I will send you an example.

Calum

Thanks for the midi file.

This midi file contains only 1 track, that's why it shows up as 1 track in LUNA.

Though the track indeed contains multiple channels, but splitting each midi channel into a separate track is not (yet) supported.

Return to “MUTOOLS”