LUNA Free Beta 8

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just started Beta 8 - I'm Liking it more and more.

A question

The data thats in the value 2 editor window. I've found that the graph will disappear when the event that sets a value (for example the modulation controller) is off screen in the sequence editor. (see pics for example)
Any way of making that data stay on screen?

BR-'Choose color' Function only changes color of first event in the Timeline when selected multiple events (splitted or otherwise) in the track and there is no undo for color changes.

Last edited by SonicBreeze on Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tools are tools, they don't produce anything...

On a similar note, IIRC changing the player for a selected group of parts only changes the first one.

Just noticed (in beta 8) that the "stuck note" behaviour has been fixed - Good stuff :)

Daz.

Any chance got increasing the number of Undos? Perhaps user settable?

Daz.

i would like more control over plugins... i want to be able to remove plugins. i want to be able to try my blocked plugins again.

are mix knobs on plugins comming soon? its pretty important to me in a mix to be able to blend an effect with the dry sound, and theres not often a mix knob in the plugin.

maybe a list of recent files in the file menu?

what about a way to re-arrange the order of the channel strips? to collapse them to a fader and a meter?

fycfung wrote:I also still personally prefer the "click inside a box turns on that box" which all the other hosts that I have tried out use, but I can live with the way it is now.
I prefer this too. Also I'm really missing the master strip which I think is essential. Good suggestion for a work around though, but personally I think it should be standard.
Cheers

Simon
www.myspace.com/projectzeero
www.life-support.org.uk

P4 3GHz CPU | 1Gb RAM | WIN XP Home | Cubase SE 3.03 |

snooty30 wrote:Also I'm really missing the master strip which I think is essential. Good suggestion for a work around though, but personally I think it should be standard.
Why not just save yourself a .MuSession file set up as you like it and start from that each time? The current way is more flexible and provides an easy way for you to work the way you want.

pljones wrote:
snooty30 wrote:Also I'm really missing the master strip which I think is essential. Good suggestion for a work around though, but personally I think it should be standard.
Why not just save yourself a .MuSession file set up as you like it and start from that each time? The current way is more flexible and provides an easy way for you to work the way you want.
That's a good suggestion. Would it be a bit tricky setting up if you use different vst instruments/fx for each song?

Also, every DAW I've seen and/or used has a master fader, even if it's not got the option to add fx to it.
Cheers

Simon
www.myspace.com/projectzeero
www.life-support.org.uk

P4 3GHz CPU | 1Gb RAM | WIN XP Home | Cubase SE 3.03 |

Well, I have to admit I really liked Muzys' three-bank mixer. You had 16 channels in a bank that Players connected to, which all defaulted to the same "master" output channel. You also had 16 "master" output channels (i.e. 32 mono outs supported). Plus a bank of 16 channels for sends.

What LUNA Unlimited has is one channel per player (although, by default, all audio files get the same player, I think). But you can set up a "master" strip and route all others to that. And have send strips that are shared, etc. It's more flexible but I do see what you're getting at. You're right - you'd have to route each VSTi to the "master" channel by hand - no defaulting.

I want both - defaults and flexibility. For example, I want to be able to say "I want each player to get its own strip - regardless of if it's audio or VSTi - but I want that strip to use 'this' as its template"...

Don't take this the wrong way: you're the only person I remember raising this, so I guess Jo's not going to feel it needs to be in place before 1.0 gets released. In fact, it might wait until "later" (which is when I feel a lot of my more "modular" design idea might happen). I don't mind: I just want Jo to keep working on LUNA to take it beyond what Muzys had become.

Fuzzbeard wrote:Talking of snapping to grids, can you display a grid and have no snap :?:
Daz
No, not really; the bars and beats grids are always displayed though.

Fuzzbeard wrote:Just started Beta 8 - I'm Liking it more and more.

A question

The data thats in the value 2 editor window. I've found that the graph will disappear when the event that sets a value (for example the modulation controller) is off screen in the sequence editor. (see pics for example)
Any way of making that data stay on screen?
Yes, tuned in beta 9 :)

SonicBreeze wrote:BR-'Choose color' Function only changes color of first event in the Timeline when selected multiple events (splitted or otherwise) in the track
Tuned in beta 9.

pljones wrote:On a similar note, IIRC changing the player for a selected group of parts only changes the first one.
Tuned in beta 9.

Fuzzbeard wrote:Any chance got increasing the number of Undos? Perhaps user settable?
Daz.
May come later.

Return to “MUTOOLS”