OSX and 'cfm' plugs

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey all!

I've been turning this one over in my mind for a couple of weeks now and I think Luna should support cfm plugins, however outdated the format may be.
I understand Jo's point that the cfm standard is probably facing extinction and many of big companies have 'Machos' plugs out by now, but Luna (or Luna Free in any case) is more aimed at beginners/budget musicians who mostly use freeware.

It's not so bad when you have another host (Logic Express in my case) because then you can say, right, I'm gonna make a CM101 sequence in Luna , export the audio and add some mda delay in Logic etc, but if I would be starting out with Luna on a Mac and go freebie hunting I imagine it would be very frustrating with roughly 30 % of all the available synths/effects actually working . A figure that's probably worse when talking about effects alone.

I understand this means a lot of coding (presumably, I'm no expert) and it's a bit of a fringe demographic I'm talking about esp. when you think about the second host option. So maybe we should make it a poll?

Marco :)

Marco, i fully understand your point.

Support for CFM plugins will come asap!

Return to “MUTOOLS”