FR part -> strip

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

suggestion: it would be great if there were an easy way to go prom a part to the strip of its player in the mixing desk - say option click reveals audio strip or something. having to read the player name then scroll around the desk to ajust the level is cumbersome...

Alternatively what if option clicking a part brought up a floating window with the audio strip for the part's player on it? if the mouse is held down perhaps it could allow you to move the fader.... Just a thought...

I think the quasi-trackless here is very interesting. But as my comment above suggested, signal flow can become quite confusing!

One tweak that could help make the signal flow visually clear might be to assign colors to players. both their parts and strips could share the players color. This would be intuitive I would think: all the blue bars are monitored through the blue strip; yellow bars through the yellow strip...

I like your idea of having the mixing desk bring the strip for the player into view when you select a part assigned to that player (and if you select the player in the player panel, for consistency). That would be very nice - so long as it only happened when the mixing desk was showing. (If I've closed it, I want it closed! :))

I'm not so keen on the colour coding... I'd rather reserve that for me (the user) to visually organise a composition in whatever way I want...

Hey guys, adding such work-flow-jump-links like suggested above is very much the plan :)

And it's indeed also related with the plan of resizable/minimizable/colorizable mixer strips.

About the color scheme: different schemes are possible: color by players, color by sequence, color by part, color by strips...

Lets breed on this :party:

OK, watch out for pre-release 2: The mixing desk has small and large strips. The focussed strip is large, others are small. And the mixstrip focus follows what happens in the Composer ;)

See a preview here: http://www.mutools.com/temp/luna-pr2.png

sweet.

Return to “MUTOOLS”