Start Record on 1st Midi Note

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm just wondering if there could be the possibilty of arming record where it only begins recording on the first midi note. Would this be easy to implement?

The main reason I'm asking is because I have songs made on the scratchpad sequencer of my E-mu hardware sampler and I was hoping to transfer the midi song data for each individual midi channel into Luna. So far I can record the midi data in but of course each channel won't be synchronised.

This may seem like a convoluted way of doing it but at present I'm not sure how else I can. I have a zip drive connected to the sampler and I can save the sequences as a GM file, but I'm not sure how I could transfer them to Luna since I'm using an iMac G5.

Can anyone tell me what would be the best way of getting the midi data into Luna? Do I need to get a SCSI to Firewire connector to attach the Zip drive to my iMac? But then the zip disks I use are formatted for the E-mu and I'm not sure whether the Mac would be able to read them.

As far as I know, if recording started on the first midi note, then I could set one midi note at the beginning of each midi channel in the E-mu and they would all be synchronised. Also, it's not a bad feature to have for general recording anyway.

I'd appreciate any help on this matter.

Supersonic1 wrote:Hi,

I'm just wondering if there could be the possibilty of arming record where it only begins recording on the first midi note. Would this be easy to implement?

The main reason I'm asking is because I have songs made on the scratchpad sequencer of my E-mu hardware sampler and I was hoping to transfer the midi song data for each individual midi channel into Luna. So far I can record the midi data in but of course each channel won't be synchronised.

This may seem like a convoluted way of doing it but at present I'm not sure how else I can. I have a zip drive connected to the sampler and I can save the sequences as a GM file, but I'm not sure how I could transfer them to Luna since I'm using an iMac G5.

Can anyone tell me what would be the best way of getting the midi data into Luna? Do I need to get a SCSI to Firewire connector to attach the Zip drive to my iMac? But then the zip disks I use are formatted for the E-mu and I'm not sure whether the Mac would be able to read them.
Doesn't the EMU have a floppy drive?

If yes, then save the sequences as midi files on the floppy.

Then use an USB floppy drive (not too expensive) to import them in the iMac.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the EMU has a floppy drive. I didn't know that you could buy a USB floppy drive - that's great. :)

I think this is an excellent FR. Working by myself recording guitars and vocals, it's often a hassle to get in position in front of the mic and get relaxed and ready to perform (not an issue for the piano roll guys, I realize :D). I was just perusing the website for Bremmer's MultitrackStudio and came across the description of what they call Remote Recording, which starts recording either on detection of a MIDI event or after a specified time. I would find that enormously valuable.

DaveL

Return to “MUTOOLS”