LUNA PreRelease 5

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

muzycian wrote:
DaveL60 wrote:I've had occasional random crashes that I can't reproduce also (had one last night while playing with PR5). Somewhat frustrating but hard to track down. Everything seems to work OK when I restart LUNA, so I'm kinda left wondering what to do about it.

I'll try to start keeping better track and see if I can find any pattern.

DaveL
Dave, do you remember what you were doing at the very moment of that crash.

I'm thinking about this, also about what mahtazz wrote, and i suddenly start suspecting something.

At the moment of the crash, did you just closed a popup menu or popup edit field?
Yes, sir.

mahtazz wrote:Bug:

In List Editor, if you dclick in a time in Time Column and then anywhere in the Window, Luna crashes.
GOT IT!

The crash occurs if you do this when the key editor has not yet been opened since LUNA was launched.

Gonna smash the bastard right away.

I doubt that this could explain the crash that i had yesterday.

Dave, i'm looking forward to more details about the crash(es) you had/have.

Want to know wether there are more crash bugs out there.

Let's kill'em!

muzycian wrote:Dave, i'm looking forward to more details about the crash(es) you had/have.
IIRC, it's almost always right after I load up a new .musession file. I'm almost certain that was what happended last night. I'd been working with one .musession, decided to load up the buzzdemo.musession I'd sent you, realized that I'd have to move the VSTis into racks to play with it, decided not to bother, reloaded the prior .musession and, boom, LUNA crashed.

Previously I can't say for sure, but my gut feel is that's happened more than once.

DaveL

I note this timeline:

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:46 pm
Finally, LUNA PreRelease 5 is here
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:00 am
muzycian wrote:LUNA PreRelease 5b has been uploaded at the same download links, thus replacing PR5.
That's what, about 18 hours apart? Are we moving from "Jo's working on the house" to "Jo, we can't keep up with you!" :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

:D

DaveL

Jo, when will CMusic be updated to get 'on par' with the new Luna version(s)?

Kai

mahtazz, i found the problem with the midi ports.

i'll work out a solution.

thanks for your feedback on this!

DaveL60 wrote:Are we moving from "Jo's working on the house" to "Jo, we can't keep up with you!" :?: :D
:)

no, not yet though

Kai VejaR wrote:Jo, when will CMusic be updated to get 'on par' with the new Luna version(s)?

Kai
That also depends on Computer Music.

Hi Jo

Just downloaded Luna 5b. You have done a remarkeable job on this new version - I really appreciate the versatility of the new rack system. I managed a crash by loading an audio file and choosing "mute" in the audio lab without selecting an area, but could not repeat the result.
Also, looks like SequencePartPropertyPanel.png in Loox Benu is the wrong file - skin does not look right when loaded.

I'm still working on my skin as promised (when I get the time). Will get there in the end but please be patient!

muzycian wrote:
Kai VejaR wrote:Jo, when will CMusic be updated to get 'on par' with the new Luna version(s)?

Kai
Please elaborate! :?: :?: :?:

Calum wrote:Hi Jo

Just downloaded Luna 5b. You have done a remarkeable job on this new version - I really appreciate the versatility of the new rack system.
Thanks!

Yeah, got a very good feeling with it too :)

(besides some little quirks, which i want to resolve asap)
I managed a crash by loading an audio file and choosing "mute" in the audio lab without selecting an area, but could not repeat the result.
Yes, there seems to be a nasty bug somewhere. Later today a new version will become available, in which a possible cause for these crashes is resolved. Lets see from there on then.
Also, looks like SequencePartPropertyPanel.png in Loox Benu is the wrong file - skin does not look right when loaded.
It was not the intention to include LooxBenu, exactly for that reason. But it accidently slipped thru into the OSX package.

I've emailed Victor, the creator of LooxBenu, with the request to upgrade this skin.

Hopefully he'll find the time.
I'm still working on my skin as promised (when I get the time). Will get there in the end but please be patient!
Hopefully you'll find the time too!

The first screenshots looked very nice!

Kai VejaR wrote:
muzycian wrote:

Kai
Hopefully we can find an arrangement. One that is good for them and good for MUTOOLS.

Racks - I've created a monster! Hehe. I can't wait to try this out. Thanks very much, Jo. :)

muzycian wrote:
Kai VejaR wrote:
muzycian wrote:

Kai
Hopefully we can find an arrangement. One that is good for them and good for MUTOOLS.
Hmmm, sounds ominous...! :?

Drenholm wrote:Racks - I've created a monster! Hehe. I can't wait to try this out. Thanks very much, Jo. :)
Yeah, you're welcome!

Thanks for your great input too!

Return to “MUTOOLS”