LUNA PreRelease 6

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

LUNA PR6 is available for download from http://www.mutools.com

Highlights of this new version:
-------------------------------

* New: Recording Events into existing Part -> New options : Merge - New Part - Overwrite - Punch - Cancel
* New: Delete Unused Tracks in track context menu
* New: Choosing an Audio File for an Audio Part now pops up the Audio File Pool, with an option to browse for a new one
* New: You can delete individual Audio Files from the session
* New: You can delete individual Sequences from the session
* New: Normalize function for Audio Lab

* Tuned: Nicer Part Loox
* Tuned: Note Editor: right-click (osx: control-click) the piano keyboard pops up a context menu
* Tuned: Copy Parts/Notes = Control+drag; Copy+Duplicate Parts = Shift+Control+Drag; Monitor Notes = Alt+Arrow
* Tuned: Importing a MIDI file now gives a neat message
* Tuned: "Add New Track" in any track's context menu
* Tuned: Synths are also listed in groups (if you grouped them)
* Tuned: Optimized context menus: removed irrelevant options
* Tuned: Improved Target Lists <-> Taking the context into account
* Tuned: Composer doesn't show anymore Target in Parts, as that's visible in the Part Property Panel
* Tuned: Improved organisation in Target List
* Tuned: Default velocity for new notes in Key Editor = 110
* Tuned: Better icon for Racks
* Tuned: "List Rack Inputs" didn't take the sequence parts into account
* Tuned: Target context menu only shows "Bypass" if the plug can be bypassed
* Tuned: When zoomed out a lot, Time Bar now shows less numbers => is less cluttered
* Tuned: Composer: Zooming out vertically did not yet zoom out perfectly.
* Tuned: Editing curves in V2 Editor: Undo/Redo now gives proper description
* Tuned: When on "Save On Quit" the session is not effectively saved (for whatever reason), "Quit" is cancelled
* Tuned: More robust VST engine <-> improved protection against crashy vst plugins
* Tuned: Protected VST plugins from crashing on receiving parameter events that are out of their parameter range
* Tuned: Support for VST 2.4 plugins
* Tuned: When deleting / inserting a part, Part Property Panel is properly updated

* Fixed: OSX: File Browser: Desktop button now properly works
* Fixed: Renaming VST program from within VST interface did not update LUNA's interface
* Fixed: When changing a part's midi channel, now changes are immediately reflected in the midi input event stream
* Fixed: On Change Skin, now all background is also immediately updated
* Fixed: When a sequence is duplicated, its name is now properly duplicated too
* Fixed: Crash bug when deleting a rack that was used by an audio file
* Fixed: Crash bug when "Delete From Session" from within plugin editor
* Fixed: Crash bug when "Delete From Session" just after deleting a part using that plugin
* Fixed: Musical times were sometimes displayed as e.g. "1.3.1200" instead of "1.4.0000"

* And other fine tunings

* Improved Documentation

Cheers!

Jo

Hi Jo,

You have been working hard. :)

Thanks! :love:

My pleasure 8)

Note that the key shortcuts in the Composer and Note Editor have changed.

Rule is: hold [control] to copy (on osx: [command]).

In the Composer, when you also want to duplicate the Sequence when copying a part, hold [shift]+[control] (on osx: [shift]+[command]).

I'll try to get time over the weekend to play with PR6! :)

Good work Jo.

This is what I've been needing. Really pleased that VSamp VST is recognised with this release.
iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2009), 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.12.6

Teeny graphic oops: the little "v" drop-down pointers on the target and part boxes aren't mouse-sensitive! You have to click somewhere on the rest of the box to get the "drop down".

Any chance of being able to specify headroom on the normalize function?

What about:

1) Nomalize
2) Gain -n dB

Or you could use a "Normalize..." then "Normalize to [ ]dB" ?

Can one rename the project's audio files as well?

Regardless, congratulations on the new release - keep up the good work!

So long as I can specify the headroom at the time I do the normalise, I'm not too fussed. If it remembered the last number I'd entered, that would be a bonus! :) (But definitely specified as "-[ n ]dB".)

Hi Jo

Luna PR6 is looking really good but I am still experiencing a few crashes in the MAC version:

1. Tritone Digital's PhaseTone and ColorTone VSTs cause a crash when I try to load them with the VST manager.

2. Trying to select a rack from any of the Pre or Post slots in a differnt rack causes a crash.

3. Double clicking on a midi part to open the midi editor and moving the red Start flag to a different location causes a crash.

Can I make one plea regarding the GUI. Every time I get close to finishing a skin for Luna something happens in the development of the GUI to set me back. When you dropped LooxTeak (which I had used as a template for my own skin) in favour of LooxShark I basically had to start again from scratch. This time you have made one very small but significant change to the VU meter in the Rack since PR5. You can barely notice the difference in LooxShark but in my skin the additional bevel on the Meter just does not look right and there does not appear to be any way to mask it out. As the bevel could easily be added on the Rack graphic is there any chance that you could go back to the PR5 version of the Meter? I know this is a lot to ask considering your current workload but I would really appreciate it.

I have a few other suggestions for modifications to the GUi but I will leave them until I have something concrete to show you. I hope to get at least one skin to you within the next couple of weeks.

Right-clicking a rack fader resets to 0dB... What should right-clicking a send knob do? It currently resets to "12 o'clock" - which isn't the same as the default position (0dB). I'm guessing that's not right! :)

When did "metronome sound generator" appear as a sequence target..? :)

With a sequence automating the send gain, clicking the edit arrow on the target in the player panel pops up a slider, which tracks the sequence automation. Unfortunately, the value displayed is static. (It's updated if I move it manually.) (Similar automation for tempo would be nice... ;))

If I select a part and delete it's sequence, it displays as "<no sequence>". I don't appear to be able to create a new sequence by going into the key or list editors... In fact, I think I have to delete the part and start again (no great loss, I know - just seems odd leaving the "empty" part there if I can't use it).

Some pointless fun with automation. :lol:

Drenholm wrote:Can one rename the project's audio files as well?
Currently not.

Added to the whish list :wink:

pljones wrote:So long as I can specify the headroom at the time I do the normalise, I'm not too fussed. If it remembered the last number I'd entered, that would be a bonus! :) (But definitely specified as "-[ n ]dB".)
OK, next release will have it.

pljones wrote:Right-clicking a rack fader resets to 0dB... What should right-clicking a send knob do? It currently resets to "12 o'clock" - which isn't the same as the default position (0dB). I'm guessing that's not right! :)
What do you suggest?

edit: stupid question sorry, default should be 0.0 dB.
When did "metronome sound generator" appear as a sequence target..? :)
In PR5.

It was first the intention to hide it (since not very relevant?), but atoh it's cute to have it there :)

What do you think is best: leave it or hide it?
With a sequence automating the send gain, clicking the edit arrow on the target in the player panel pops up a slider, which tracks the sequence automation. Unfortunately, the value displayed is static.
True. Fixed in next release.
If I select a part and delete it's sequence, it displays as "<no sequence>". I don't appear to be able to create a new sequence by going into the key or list editors... In fact, I think I have to delete the part and start again (no great loss, I know - just seems odd leaving the "empty" part there if I can't use it).
You could select another sequence for it (via the Sequence Part Property Panel).

But you make a good point about the "New Sequence" option.
Last edited by muzycian on Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Calum wrote: 1. Tritone Digital's PhaseTone and ColorTone VSTs cause a crash when I try to load them with the VST manager.

2. Trying to select a rack from any of the Pre or Post slots in a differnt rack causes a crash.

3. Double clicking on a midi part to open the midi editor and moving the red Start flag to a different location causes a crash.
Thanks for reporting this!

Researching it.
Can I make one plea regarding the GUI. Every time I get close to finishing a skin for Luna something happens in the development of the GUI to set me back. When you dropped LooxTeak (which I had used as a template for my own skin) in favour of LooxShark I basically had to start again from scratch. This time you have made one very small but significant change to the VU meter in the Rack since PR5.
No, no change there from PR5 -> PR6.
You can barely notice the difference in LooxShark but in my skin the additional bevel on the Meter just does not look right and there does not appear to be any way to mask it out. As the bevel could easily be added on the Rack graphic is there any chance that you could go back to the PR5 version of the Meter? I know this is a lot to ask considering your current workload but I would really appreciate it.
Feel free to email me a current version of your skin so that i can see what you mean.
I have a few other suggestions for modifications to the GUi but I will leave them until I have something concrete to show you. I hope to get at least one skin to you within the next couple of weeks.
OK.
Last edited by muzycian on Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “MUTOOLS”