LUNA PreRelease 8

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pljones wrote:Could the plugin window display buttons for "Choose program", "Rename program", "Open program" (/bank) and "Save program" (/bank)? It's a pain that, having popped open the plugin and tweaked the settings, you have to find it again in the rack/modular view to get these options. Having Assign and Remap MIDI Controller there would also be handy.
Unfortunately currently not possible. Cfr the Steinberg - VST 2.4 - OSX explanation earlier in this thread.

*edit*

The choice now was:

Or: Support vst 2.4 and up and adapt the editor strategy
Or: Not support vst 2.4 and up and keep the PR7b editor strategy

Maybe..., maybe a workaround can be found lateron.
Last edited by muzycian on Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

pljones wrote:
Caco wrote:Sorry, I meant the crash. LUNA free crashes every time for me using the modular view when removing a plugin from a rack.
Yep, 100% repeatable. Right-click, Remove, Yes. On any plugin, in either plugin view or modular view. I have to leave unwanted stuff off to the side in modular view...

http://www.drealm.info/luna/drwtsn32-200703111342.log (132K) - next to nothing else running, start luna, new session, F3, select rack a, right click, remove, yes. Crash.
Yes, found it.

But the plug must be focussed, otherwise no crash. That's why i first couldn't repeat it.

Though to find the reason of this bug because there was a different behaviour when running with or without the debugger :?

I guess that's also why this bug slipped thru.

A LUNA update will be available later today.

Thanks for spotting this!

What do you think about this idea:

Since LUNA is meant to be Very Simple and Easy, the existence of the Modular Plug Area might confuse/frighten newbies.

Because the more functionality is there from the start, the more complex your first experience is.

So we could "hide" the Modular Plug Area in a very neat way:

Whenever you start a new session, the Modular Plug Area (MPA) is initially hidden. So also only F1 and F2 will work. And so you only get the easy Racks system, like in PR7 :)

Now IF you need the MPA, then you have to know "the secret port" to it, e.g. by double-clicking the background of the Racks window.

Then you get an alert like "The Modular Plug Area is for advanced users. Are you sure you want to open the the Modular Plug Area?" or something like that. Click Yes and there it is. And from then on, F3 will also work.

This Unlocking-The-MPA is saved with your session, so you won't have to do it again and again. It's only 3 mouseclicks away per new session.

Eventually, if this would be too much for MPA-addicted users, a preference could be added so to always have enabled the MPA.

What do you think?

Very logical way to work. I agree with you in all points.

Can't F3 just be there anyway, with the warning alert message on first use in a new MuSession? Does it need the "extra protection" of "the secret port"? (I agree it should be flagged clearly as "advanced".)

muzycian wrote:Yes, found it.
Yep, seems fixed! :)

muzycian wrote:Unfortunately currently not possible. Cfr the Steinberg - VST 2.4 - OSX explanation earlier in this thread.
Ah, I thought that was just about keeping the displayed patch synchronised with the plugin. I didn't realise it precluded all container window content. What a pain! :(

muzycian wrote:Since LUNA is meant to be Very Simple and Easy, the existence of the Modular Plug Area might confuse/frighten newbies.

Because the more functionality is there from the start, the more complex your first experience is.

So we could "hide" the Modular Plug Area in a very neat way:
I have very mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I'm sympathetic to the simple & easy notion. OTOH, I'm not terribly keen on the notion of "hidden" functionality.

Must ponder for a bit.

DaveL

pljones wrote:Can't F3 just be there anyway, with the warning alert message on first use in a new MuSession? Does it need the "extra protection" of "the secret port"? (I agree it should be flagged clearly as "advanced".)
Yeah, pressing F3 could be a good secret/hidden port to the Modular Plug Area. Nice one!

*edit*

Just read DaveL's message. Mmm, true thought. I'll give it some extra time too.

Return to “MUTOOLS”