FR Request - More Audio Editing

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 8.0 says: "An error occurred while saving one or more files. The file cound not be created."

Forgot to say: LUNA's sequencer must be stopped when you save the file in the audio editor.

When LUNA is stopped, the audio files are released, and then the audio editor has free game to save to the file.

When LUNA is playing, the audio files are opened, and then, depending on the audio editor, an save error might occur.

It all depends on how the audio editor tries to open the file.

Does this help regarding the sound forge error?

Does this help regarding the sound forge error?
No. And Wavelab lite also gives me an error that says that the file is in use by another process.

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/4559 ... labjw1.gif

Does not work with CoolEdit2000 Ver 1.1
Two Problems:
- no audio output ("blocked Audio Device")
- Save error("File is openend by another application")

Found a possible reason for the write-errors.

A new version is on its way.

I'm waiting here. :)

Quick tip for now:

I suspect that that write-error only occurs when you have freshly added the audiofile to the luna session.

Once you have saved the session, and reopened it, then extern audio file editing should work properly.

Of course, the issue will be resolved in LUNA PR 8.3.

Which will also feature Tempo Changes ;)

Tempo Changes
And can I automate this..? (i.e. have it externally controlled and have that recorded.) <obscure joke>With chocolate sauce and 100s and 1000s on, too</obscure joke>

Not via midi in its version 1.

But you can record tempo changes in real time via the included Tempo Slider :)

Hi Jo,

Just editing the same file in Audacity is fine. In order to get Audacity to release the file, go to the Audacity Edit>Preferences>File Formats and set the radio button at the top to "Make a copy of the file before editing."

It seems 2.6 is set to use the original, which saves memory but can be confusing as heck if the original is erased or moved...and it also won't release the original either.

Thanks for getting the tempo and connection to the outside editor! Muzycian rox! ;)

-Oldguy

Jo - once you get the downloads available for Luna Free up again, I'll be happy to confirm compatibility between Luna and Acoustica audio editor.

Regards
Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

oldguy wrote:Hi Jo,

Just editing the same file in Audacity is fine. In order to get Audacity to release the file, go to the Audacity Edit>Preferences>File Formats and set the radio button at the top to "Make a copy of the file before editing."

It seems 2.6 is set to use the original, which saves memory but can be confusing as heck if the original is erased or moved...and it also won't release the original either.
But if Audacity works on a copy, then when you return to LUNA, any changes won't be automatically be detected. And so you have to take a couple of steps to get the changes into LUNA...

It's a pity Audacity 1.2.6 works like this, but luckily Audacity 1.3.2 has improved this :)

Caleb wrote:Jo - once you get the downloads available for Luna Free up again, I'll be happy to confirm compatibility between Luna and Acoustica audio editor.

Regards
Caleb
OK, thanks Caleb!

Nice to see you around here :)

You can add WaveLab to the Audio Editors that run flawlessly with LUNA. ;)

muzycian wrote: Nice to see you around here :)
Thanks Jo.

I'm not a Luna Unlimited customer yet.
I'll buy when it's priced right.

You got an idea where it's going to be priced at the end of all this pre-release?

Regards
Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

Return to “MUTOOLS”