BR: PR8.4 lock up with Kontak2 2.2.1

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wish I could be more precise with this bug report - that's what I get for not backing up regularly...

I've just installed pr8.4 and upgraded Kontakt2 to 2.2.1.

I can load some musession files. Some get rejected "cannot load". I can load a file with K2 in, plus some routing. It I open K2 and try to load a multi, LUNA/K2 lock and I need to kill with Task Manager. Opening the same multi with K2 standalone is no problem. It seems to happen for any multi.

Loading up a musession containing K2 with a multi already loaded works but it's a little different from in pr8.2 -- the K2 loading screen takes ages to appear now.

I did try going back to pr8.2 but it wouldn't load the musessions I'm having problems with - I must have saved them in 8.4 :(.

1) Anyone else with problems with pr8.4?
2) Anyone else with problems with K2 2.2.1?
3) Any ideas on diagnostic testing?

:cry:

D'uh...

There was a popup appearing underneath the plugin window...

Jo, did you fiddle with z-ordering the plugin windows? There seems to be something a little odd in places.

Here, K2 221 loads fine but clips. :(

pljones wrote:D'uh...

There was a popup appearing underneath the plugin window...

Jo, did you fiddle with z-ordering the plugin windows? There seems to be something a little odd in places.
Yes.

And i just noticed the same :(

Indeed, when a plugin opens another window, then it might stay under the plugin window, and then things seem to be locked.

To be resolved asap.

pljones, if you have any musession files that "couldn't load" in pr 8.4, please zip+email it to me, i'll examine.

Thanks.

mahtazz wrote:Here, K2 221 loads fine but clips. :(
what do you mean by "but clips"?

muzycian wrote:
mahtazz wrote:Here, K2 221 loads fine but clips. :(
what do you mean by "but clips"?
The audio engine was clipping but it plays flawlessly now.

muzycian wrote:pljones, if you have any musession files that "couldn't load" in pr 8.4, please zip+email it to me, i'll examine.
I think I must have picked a very old file (or tried to load an 8.4 into 8.2 in my confusion). How far back should 8.4 be compatible (date-wise)..?

I think from PR 5, so that is 10 January 2007.

Looks spot on, then. The working ones are from February (after PR6 came out). The non-working ones are from January or earlier.

LUNA PR 7B was the last one to be able to load pre- PR 5 musession files.

PR 8 to PR 8.4 can load from PR 5 on.

If you need a PR 7B, let me know!

Heh, I've got everything back to the first MUTON release archived. Actually, I've probably got Muzys archived back to 2.x, too (definitely every 3.x from the first beta on)! :D

Return to “MUTOOLS”