Monitoring Audio

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi people,

I use an m-audio fasttrack usb, I cannot get to monitor sound at all.
I am using an iBook with mac os 10.4.
The Fasttrack appears in the audio inputs menu as "fasttrack", but when selected and monitor audio input is enable on a rack, i can hear no sound.
Working all ok with live lite just not in luna pr8.4.

Any ideas??

I can monitor the sound of the iBooks internal microphone using core audio?!?

Thanks

djwhiley wrote:hi people,

I use an m-audio fasttrack usb, I cannot get to monitor sound at all.
I am using an iBook with mac os 10.4.
The Fasttrack appears in the audio inputs menu as "fasttrack",
Which "Audio Inputs" menu do you mean?

The one of OSX?

Or in LUNA's "Recording Options" dialog when you right-click the record button?

hey muzycian i've receive my registration key for luna , thank and i am very impatient to have the new full upudate of the 28 september :)

The one in the "recording options" dialog.
Also from the edit menu, I have fasttrack selected from the audio set up box.

hivkorn wrote:hey muzycian i've receive my registration key for luna
Glad everything worked out succesfully regarding the license :)
thank and i am very impatient to have the new full upudate of the 28 september :)
Note that the release of coming friday is a beta version which first need to go thru a test phase.

A beta version might still be unstable.

So if you're not into beta testing, please count some extra weeks before you can really play with the stable mu.lab 1.0 release.

djwhiley wrote:The one in the "recording options" dialog.
Also from the edit menu, I have fasttrack selected from the audio set up box.
And can you record anything from fasttrack in luna?

No luck recording anything yet!

I have definately got the fast track selected as the core audio device, when i right click the record button, the left and right audio input buttons only give me the option none.
When I use the built in audio device ie the mic, i can select input 1 or 2 or none.
Very puzzled now.
Thanks

djwhiley wrote:No luck recording anything yet!
I have definately got the fast track selected as the core audio device, when i right click the record button, the left and right audio input buttons only give me the option none.
Ok, so the problem seems to be that the audio input from the fasttrack is not yet coming into luna.

So that's why you can't record anything, nor monitor anything. That's 2 consequences of 1 problem.
When I use the built in audio device ie the mic, i can select input 1 or 2 or none.
And can you record and monitor audio input when you select the built in audio device?
Very puzzled now.
Thanks
Question 1: If you goto the Audio Setup dialog, which core audio devices are listed there? Please give complete list.

Question 2: Do you know about aggregate devices on osx?

I am in business, created an aggregate device in audio setup.
Recording ok and monitoring sound great.
Thanks very much for your help on this one

Darren

Hey Darren,

Glad everything worked out great :)

Question: didn't you have to use the "aggregate device" technique in Live too?

Having to create an aggregate device to use the inputs AND outputs of some devices is not very user friendly of OSX, imho.

muzycian, totally agree with you about creating the aggregate devices. It took a few goes to get that working. Then not having my guitar plugged in fully when I thought i'd cracked it caused great confusion.
Worth it in the end.
In anser to you question in Live, I am using v4, in the audio set up in live it seem to give you the choice of what device you would like for the inputs and what device you want for the outputs.

thanks once again.

ps. looking forwards to the new beta, and hopefully a synth on par with the muzynth into mu.lab

Return to “MUTOOLS”