Luna: No MIDI playback---help?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Luna Free looks great. However, I can't get any MIDI playback. The sample file appears to play (as do other MIDI files I've imported), but there's no sound.

My PC has a Creative Audigy 4 with ASIO. I've tried selecting all the choices in Luna's Audio and MIDI Setup lists. Any ideas what I can try next?

In a post similar to this, the poster was told to load a VST instrument. I'm not using any VST's, though; I just want to play soundfonts on my soundcard. Other MIDI apps are working fine. Ideas?

Thanks, Andy

If you want to use soundfonts on your soundcard, then the sequence part (with the midifile notes) has to target your soundcard (internal) midi input.

So select that sequence part, so that you got all details of it in the Part Property Panel in the top right.

Then choose as Target "MIDI Outputs" -> your soundcard.

If your soundcard is not listed there, then you still have to enable it via the Edit menu -> MIDI Hardware Setup.

Hope this helps.

muzycian: It worked! Thanks!

This app is quite cleverly designed, with minimum labeling and clutter... For that very reason, I see it's a good idea to read all the doc files before trying to use it. (There oughta be a red-cheeked "embarrassed" emoticon on here...)

You mean ":oops:"? ;)

Return to “MUTOOLS”