Modulys - free for Mulab

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MuLab App MuLab Plugin

I forwarded your question to NSD.

Tricky-Loops wrote:Seems that I have to repeat my question...

Can it also be loaded in MUX or do I need MuLab?

Because I'm using REAPER, would be great if I could load MUX with Modulys inside!
Only Mulab.

Braserox wrote:Where is the link for the Muprojects for beginner and intermediate on Modulolys site ?
Juste had to make my own mux. :/
http://www.raxntrax.com/modulys and then click on MU!

There you'll find :

- a downloadable preset-pack (installer)
- Beginner.MuProject
- Intermediate.MuProject
(Advanced is coming)

Happy sequencing!

Hello,

this really looks interesting. But I nearly failed at installing the presets in the right place.....So :help: :

Is there any kind of help/tutorial/user guide apart from these 3 videos ? I really feel overpowered by this "monster". And I use to play around a lot with sequencers/composing tools/chord progression (RC, Sundog....) these days, but this thing is really kind of inscrutable (for me....).

Any help really welcome cause it looks as it COULD be great (if it dont makes me :nutter: before.

Kind regards,

Richard

tatanka wrote:Hello,

this really looks interesting. But I nearly failed at installing the presets in the right place.....So :help: :

Is there any kind of help/tutorial/user guide apart from these 3 videos ? I really feel overpowered by this "monster". And I use to play around a lot with sequencers/composing tools/chord progression (RC, Sundog....) these days, but this thing is really kind of inscrutable (for me....).

Any help really welcome cause it looks as it COULD be great (if it dont makes me :nutter: before.

Kind regards,
Richard
Did you take a look at :
You'll find more videos on
http://www.youtube.com/user/raxntrax

If you have further questions/suggestions, feel free to submit them via
http://www.raxntrax.com/contact.asp?Act ... am=modulys

Happy sequencing!

Hello SQ4,

yes I have read the FAQ but seems that it is for kind of very different workflow then mine. I usually dont use keyboard for input but "paint" in piano roll starting from a chordprogression mostly.

So first question: does Modulys react on midi input and tranforms to the input notes or the other way round the input note to Modulys chord/scale ? Or ist it totally autonomical and dont react on note input (apart from starting clips etc.) ?

What I would usually like to to: input chord progression, let "the sequencer" generate different "riffs" (bass, pad, harmony, melody) on different channels. Can Modulys do this and when how to start from scratch ?

Kind regards,

Richard

Hi Richard,

Modulys is a phrase generator, not an arpeggiator.

But, be so kind to forward your questions via our contact form:
http://www.raxntrax.com/contact.asp?Act ... am=modulys

We will gladly help you further.

Happy sequencing!

I tried to download Modulys' installer but it gets flagged by Avast as Malware! :shock: :o :o

"Kids! Get off my lawn!"

zxant wrote: 
I tried to download Modulys' installer but it gets flagged by Avast as Malware! :shock: :o :o

Avast gives frequently false positives when the installer is generated by Nsis.
Don't worry, it's a false positive.

Thanks for making this free for MuLab users. A real bonus!

I try install the mulab_preset_pack1. i use win10 64 and newest .36 mulab and newest modulys for test. here stand how this should work.

http://www.raxntrax.com/modulys/modulys_mu_beginner.htm

i choose file in mulab browser, but do not work. also with win 10 file browser do not work.

i have done a video so can see how this look with mulab. the drop box is only visible in the outer window space. release mouse button over drop pack message area too not work. (not see in video)

(video delete)

dont know whats problem modulys or mulab. i can not get the presets working. i add a name but no presets are show in modulys

modulys is very powerfull but i understand it not good. i want add sequences with diffrent note lenghts. but when i deactivate trigger on 2. step and increase length in 1. step, note is stop after 1. step

maybe not work in win 10 ?
Last edited by magicmusic on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

will this be built into mulab 7

Error go into options on vst click Generic Editor scroll at side try to scroll down you will get red box Error

@magicmusic

Indeed, drop doesn't work in win10. Looks like it only works in Win7 :dog:
An update will be available soon.

@runaudio
About generic editor : I can't reproduce the error, please elaborate.

magicmusic, I had exact same issue with not understanding the trigger vs. the step lanes;
It appears to me that the trigger lane and the step lane are not in sync with each other (probably deliberately)
but the step lane only moves when the cursor hits the trigger cells that are "on", so it's not quite like turning on trigger cells to match up with the steps you've put in.

Return to “MUTOOLS”