MuLab 7.2.24

Official support for: mutools.com
KVRAF

Topic Starter

10976 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Post Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:31 am

There are new MuLab 7.2.18 packages in http://www.mutools.com/galaxa/

What's new:
  • Finetuned rendering of automation and modulation envelopes into controller and parameter events. Previously in specific cases there could be small value offsets. Fixed.
  • As a consequence of the finetuned rendering of automation and modulation envelopes, the "Resolution" parameter has been removed from the Parameter Event Generator module editor.
  • Pasting sequence parts now creates unique sequence parts, unless the "Standard Copy Part Is Shared Copy" preference is switched on.
  • Double-clicking a MuProject file to launch MuLab with that project file did not properly work anymore due to a recent new bug. Fixed.
How to install:

Windows: Put the new .exe and .id files into an existing M7.2 installation folder.
Mac: Put the new .app file into an existing M7.2 installation folder.

KVRAF
1873 posts since 28 Mar, 2008 from a Galaxy S7 far far away

Post Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:53 am

Thank you

KVRian
877 posts since 28 Feb, 2015 from Interstella 5555

Post Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:31 am

Thanks Jo,
I noticed that there is a graphic issue in the PEG,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

10976 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Post Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:59 am

Sorry about that. Fixed in M7.2.19, already available in http://www.mutools.com/galaxa/

Thx for reporting this!

KVRian
877 posts since 28 Feb, 2015 from Interstella 5555

Post Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:14 am

No problem,Thanks Jo :tu:

Banned
12897 posts since 5 Jun, 2012

Post Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:40 am

Given the number of updates, would be cool if Mulab had auto update like my browser or AV program :D
In the update release notes there are often (fixes for) features I don't even know are there because I never use them. I wish there were a solid, bug-free, final version so I no longer have to update and upgrade all the time since I only need a basic DAW, anyway.

KVRAF
3194 posts since 18 Mar, 2008

Post Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:08 am

Than don't update and problem solved, this updates are for people having problems, if you don't have them there's no need to update all the time.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

KVRAF

Post Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:36 am

Shame there's no auto update though would be great and save lot of hassle keep updating to fix stuff.

Banned
12897 posts since 5 Jun, 2012

Post Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:39 am

Zexila wrote:Than don't update and problem solved, this updates are for people having problems, if you don't have them there's no need to update all the time.
Well, like most people I want to use the latest version, assuming it is better, more robust, etc. than the ones before :wink:

KVRAF
6784 posts since 8 Feb, 2003 from London, UK

Post Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:55 am

I'd really rather have fixes as they're fixed than wait for, say, the next three-monthly release schedule to be finished so I can get them. Say 7.2.18 had been that "stable" version. The fix in 7.2.19 would certainly not have warranted an emergency new "stable" build. You'd have had to wait for the next one. As it is, it was fixed in under 30 minutes. Seems a better way to me.

KVRAF
3194 posts since 18 Mar, 2008

Post Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:00 am

fluffy_little_something wrote:
Zexila wrote:Than don't update and problem solved, this updates are for people having problems, if you don't have them there's no need to update all the time.
Well, like most people I want to use the latest version, assuming it is better, more robust, etc. than the ones before :wink:
Than follow development, you are hanging around here anyways, It's great thing development/bug fixing is so quick. Isn't every "major" update announced anyways, so instead of getting every next small update, one actually can wait for "official" one, just like any other vendor does, this is like open public beta testing around here, where stuff gets fixed for the prime time. :tu:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

KVRAF

Post Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:44 pm

pljones wrote:I'd really rather have fixes as they're fixed than wait for, say, the next three-monthly release schedule to be finished so I can get them. Say 7.2.18 had been that "stable" version. The fix in 7.2.19 would certainly not have warranted an emergency new "stable" build. You'd have had to wait for the next one. As it is, it was fixed in under 30 minutes. Seems a better way to me.
Wouldn't be like that. Many apps have an update to beta option, so when the auto update downloads the new package it would either take into account the nature of the update, a simple text file would do, or simply unzip the download and overwrite any existing files. Job done.

KVRist
99 posts since 28 May, 2013 from MUC

Post Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:47 pm

I'm brand new to MuLab, so I'm probably missing something...
what I'm trying to do is let MuLab output sound via ReaRoute ASIO (x64) on multiple channels.
I went to the Audio Setup in Mulab, set the audio driver to ASIO, ReaRoute, clicked on Select Outputs to make sure I have 16 ReaRoute channels available...
I then exited audio setup and went to the Master rack to select an output. Only ReaRoute outputs 1+2 were available as a stereo pair. I tested a few things (restarted MuLab, purchased a licence because I thought it might have something to do with demo mode)... still only outputs 1+2 available.
The next thing I tried was to go back into Audio Setup... this time, I deactivated outputs 1+2 and left all the other outputs active. Exited Audio Setup, went back to the master rack... now, only outputs 3+4 are available.
I'm using MuLab 7.2.19... I was using 7.2.17 before that and had the same problem.
I'm on Window 7 64bit SP1. Also, just to make sure it's not Reaper, I tested ReaRoute with multiple outputs in FLStudio and it worked fine.
Is this a bug? or am i doing something wrong?

KVRist

Post Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:58 pm

Update... I just tried the same thing with my hardware soundcard (komplete audio 6), and here as well: when i try to select an output on the master rack, i only get one option... event though in audio setup i've activated multiple outputs.

KVRist

Post Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:15 pm

Update again... I figured it out:)
needed to add the outputs in the modular first. now they appear as options in the racks as well. Logical!
I'm liking this.

Return to “MUTOOLS”