REQ: PDC reporting by Mux if using VSTs introducing PDC

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I assume the following is not possible currently. I would like to have MUX reporting a correct PDC (plugin delay compensation), if you use a VST plugin inside MUX that introduces PDC. I don't know if MUX at all currently keeps care of this. If there are many VSTs / processors with PDC, usually the highest PDC is taken. Then the branches using a VST with lower PDC would have to be extra PDCed by MUX so matching the highest PDC. Or something :)

I also would be glad for a totally simple PDC, so only the highest PDC is taken. I like to use MUX as modular enviroment in my DAW, hosting different VSTs, which can introduce PDC.

If there wasa manual PDC input field, and also a reporting of the exact number of the PDC of the used VSTs, that would be enough for me, too!

Thank you for consideration!

VST plugin option menu -> Show Info. That shows the "Initial Delay" of the VST plugin. Then you can use the "Pure Delay" module to manually setup delay compensation.

Thx, I tried that now, pure delay seems to delay in the wrong direction in time. I need a negative delaying and a PDC reporting by the MUX vst to the DAW.

Hanz Meyzer wrote:Thx, I tried that now, pure delay seems to delay in the wrong direction in time. I need a negative delaying
You can't go back in time.
and a PDC reporting by the MUX vst to the DAW.
https://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mux/m ... lugin.html

Hm, thx. Though that is really difficult to setup and also does not seem to lead into expected results.

I wish you would some day implement an automatic, simple PDC into Mux :)

Every path through a network of unlimited complexity would need the individual node delays calculated. You have to work backwards from the - potentially multiple - audio outs across the multiple modules that can be cross-connected back to the - potentially multiple - audio ins. And then you have to do the same for the event and modulation streams, to keep things in sync.

There may be no single answer to what the delay of the network is - it could depend on what note is playing, the value of an LFO, the incoming audio level, etc.

mutools wrote:
Hanz Meyzer wrote:Thx, I tried that now, pure delay seems to delay in the wrong direction in time. I need a negative delaying
You can't go back in time.
Unless you have a DeLorean plugin from Emmet Brown... :wink:

Tbpro Audio ABLM is your friend. Whatever plugins are connected in between the two modules can be latency corrected by the push of a button.

You'd potentially need to do that multiple times through a complex network, of course.

pljones wrote:You'd potentially need to do that multiple times through a complex network, of course.
It doesn't work with racks or plugin slots. Whatever plugins you're using need to have an audio in/out and be connected in series with a sender at the beginning and a receiver at the end. It will save state when you save your mux.

mutools wrote: You can't go back in time.
But offcourse you can go back in time!
That is what PDC is for. It reports the delay to the DAW, and it delays the playback of the tracks accordingly.

I can't find "Edit VST Initial Delay" anywhere!

Please see the docs. There is a search function at the start page.

That only gives me the same answer as above:

You can use the "Edit VST Initial Delay" function in the main menu.

There is no such thing in the main menu.

I'm sorry the docs were indeed not precise enough, corrected that now.
See https://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mux/m ... lugin.html
(you might need to refresh your cache)

Thanks, but i have looked for it there too, and still cannot find it:

http://prntscr.com/i8r2m9

Return to “MUTOOLS”