Mulab 8

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pquenin wrote:
mutools wrote:Indeed be sure to plugin the VST 2.4 version.
Don't know if it's VST 2.4, it's just written VST2.
Yes that's fine too.
And it loads fine in Reason 10 (demo).
I have also some AIR Music plugins that don't show right in Mulab (GUI problems), e.g the Transfuser one...
What GUI probs? Screenshot?

hey jo. plaese make a trip to north hessia. it is 5 hours away from you, there is nature everywhere, the houses are cheep and we have highspeed internet connection ;-)

about the melodyne Problem: i use the newest version of this plugin and the 32bit variation. it works really great.

About air music problem: also no problem here with xpand2, 32bit mulab, win10 creators edition. :scared:

urvieh wrote:hey jo. plaese make a trip to north hessia. it is 5 hours away from you, there is nature everywhere, the houses are cheep and we have highspeed internet connection ;-)
Sounds very good!

mutools wrote:
urvieh wrote:hey jo. plaese make a trip to north hessia. it is 5 hours away from you, there is nature everywhere, the houses are cheep and we have highspeed internet connection ;-)
Sounds very good!
There is a reason why homes are cheap there, it is one of those aging semi-rural regions where younger people don't want to live, so demand for houses is like zero. It is nice to look at in terms of nature, but a bit dead and of little interest to young professionals in a global industry. It is also a somewhat dark region with relatively little sunshine, which can be a problem for people who need the sunshine in order to be happy.

Anyway, back on topic, will M8 support Waves plugins?

fluffy_little_something wrote:Anyway, back on topic, will M8 support Waves plugins?
Speaking today: No, not in M8.0.

mutools wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Anyway, back on topic, will M8 support Waves plugins?
:(

mutools wrote:
Does the old extracting from the shell trick still work, at least? :)

I don't know what u mean. Pls elaborate.

There was some tool with which one could extract the dll files from the Waves shell. I tried that like 2 years ago, and it worked if I remember correctly. But Waves have changed their software platform meanwhile if I am not mistaken, so I was asking if it still works.

I don't know, it's not a Mu tool.

Shell2VST is a nice little tool, which still works fine...

You just drop the wavesshell.dll onto the shell2vst.exe and it creates a folder, with single dlls for every Waves plugin included in the wavesshell... the single dll files are just links though... you may not move the original wavesshell.dll...

But it still works perfect for every host, which doesn´t support waves plugins natively, respectfully gives you the ability to organize the plugins different or skip the ones you do not use...

It´s windows only afaik... so mac users, do yourself a favour and move to a system that works... :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :party:

Trancit wrote:mac users, do yourself a favour and move to a system that works
my Mac doesn't need an Original Re-organizable Data Library Folder Shell Extractor!

( because no plugins work in the latest OSX update :P )
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

I have never been able to get Shell2VST to work for me and I've been trying for a few years now. I try'd VstWrapperBuilder and that didnt work. I have Plug&Mix Chainer and Magma that will host waves but seems to be CPU intensive. Metaplugin works sort of OK with the waves fx but MetapluginSynth wont host waves synths. They all have their moments when they go wonky. I might look into bluecat patchwork if its final that MuLab 8 wont be waves compatible, any one have good or bad things about patchwork and use it in MuLab?

heks wrote:I have never been able to get Shell2VST to work for me and I've been trying for a few years now.
I often read this...
I don´t know, but I´ve always used it because I never liked the way of the implementation in DAWs and it never failed... not a single time, no matter with the shells from 10 years ago or nowadays...

Strange things happen... 8)

Trancit wrote:
heks wrote:I have never been able to get Shell2VST to work for me and I've been trying for a few years now.
I often read this...
I don´t know, but I´ve always used it because I never liked the way of the implementation in DAWs and it never failed... not a single time, no matter with the shells from 10 years ago or nowadays...

Strange things happen... 8)
How have you set up/used Shell2VST to make it work Tranct? I have try'd numerous different methods to no avail. :oops:

Return to “MUTOOLS”