Artifacts

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I actually work on a medium project with around 15 tracks, most of them MIDI running VSTi's and two Audio-tracks also running through a number of VST-effects. After the last recording I got clicking noise and unwanted echoes.
I'm not sure, if it's a MuLab-matter.
Usually I work with a very small buffer of 64 samples only, giving me good response and short latency. Now facing this problem, I increased the buffer in steps and beginning with 1024 it worked. As I don't care about latency while mixing, I set it to 2048 and everything works fine again.

I only wonder bout those artifacts at 64 sample buffer, because CPU-load was 30% only.
(Win 8.0 - 32bit - i7 - 4x3.6GHz - MuLab 7.6.9 - M-Audio-FireWire-Asio)

Click the cpu meter for other details about cpu usage. Cfr https://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/transport.html

Are there any overloads? Do the clicks match the overload counter?

Thank you for your reply. The info with the different states of the CPU-meter was quite useful (I didn't remember that).
Unfortunately I could not repeat the problem exactly today, as I have made quite a number of changes to the project in the meantime.
Anyway, setting the buffer back to 64 samples, this time I got permanent tones, similar to hanging notes. There was no overload and a CPU-maximum of 55%. But I used three instances of MuVerb in three racks and turning them off solved the problem today.
Consequently I replaced the MuVerbs by ModernReverb-VSTs and that worked.
Later I received some overloads (<10), which I believe to be caused by switching here and turning there while playing the song.

Return to “MUTOOLS”