MUX questions

Official support for: mutools.com
SparkySpark
KVRian
1263 posts since 30 Aug, 2004 from Skövde, Sweden

Post Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:44 pm

Many thanks both of you. Well, I don't need a VST version since I use MuLab anyway :) but I recall SoundEdit and SynthMaker had many users so VST export could be a huge selling point for MuTools, I believe.

My MUX is almost finished now, so powerful and looks good to. I will upload it soon and perhaps make a video on it.
Making music is a nine-to-five job:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!

mutools
KVRAF
9544 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Re: MUX questions

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:04 am

SparkySpark wrote:Many thanks both of you. Well, I don't need a VST version since I use MuLab anyway :) but I recall SoundEdit and SynthMaker had many users so VST export could be a huge selling point for MuTools, I believe
As said, that feature IS there. You can use any MUX patch in any VST compatible host.

SparkySpark
KVRian
1263 posts since 30 Aug, 2004 from Skövde, Sweden

Re: MUX questions

Post Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:30 am

mutools wrote:
SparkySpark wrote:Many thanks both of you. Well, I don't need a VST version since I use MuLab anyway :) but I recall SoundEdit and SynthMaker had many users so VST export could be a huge selling point for MuTools, I believe
As said, that feature IS there. You can use any MUX patch in any VST compatible host.
Thanks! But that still means that the user needs to purchase a product from MuTools to use it I guess.

How about a radical (maybe) idea: do like Melda! Give away a MUX wrapper that loads MUX files into any DAW, and let users load MUXes in the wrapper.

Then comes the restriction :) : to be able to change underlying parameters or drag cables, one must own a MUX or MuLab license.

This way, MuTools could become the new SoundEdit, and the boom in user-created MUXes could in turn help improve MuLab. :party:
Making music is a nine-to-five job:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!

User avatar
pljones
KVRAF
6281 posts since 8 Feb, 2003 from London, UK

Re: MUX questions

Post Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:48 am

Yes, MUX isn't free. Same with Native Instruments Kontakt. Either the user purchases Kontakt or they can only load patches in demo mode. (Except there's a developer version for making Kontakt Libraries that load in Kontakt Player, where the developer pays NI and the purchaser still pays for the product.)

SparkySpark
KVRian
1263 posts since 30 Aug, 2004 from Skövde, Sweden

Re: MUX questions

Post Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:48 pm

pljones wrote:Yes, MUX isn't free. Same with Native Instruments Kontakt. Either the user purchases Kontakt or they can only load patches in demo mode. (Except there's a developer version for making Kontakt Libraries that load in Kontakt Player, where the developer pays NI and the purchaser still pays for the product.)
Yes, thanks! What do you think of the idea above? I hope that could make more people aware of this awesome product. :clap:
Making music is a nine-to-five job:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!

bibz1st
KVRAF
1528 posts since 29 Mar, 2013

Re: MUX questions

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:20 am

SparkySpark wrote:
How about a radical (maybe) idea: do like Melda! Give away a MUX wrapper that loads MUX files into any DAW, and let users load MUXes in the wrapper.

Then comes the restriction :) : to be able to change underlying parameters or drag cables, one must own a MUX or MuLab license.
Mux is like a wrapper itself, seeing as it can host other VSTs so it wouldnt need another layer of wrappiness :ud: but maybe the idea of a 'player' version is something to think about.
what do you think Jo ?
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

mutools
KVRAF
9544 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Re: MUX questions

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:56 am

Not wild about that idea. I think MUX VST is low priced enough. 59 euro for all those options!! In fact that's crazy :o

User avatar
freddo
KVRist
119 posts since 28 Apr, 2017 from "Me? I live everywhere, or I'd be dead"

Re: MUX questions

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:20 am

mutools wrote:Not wild about that idea. I think MUX VST is low priced enough. 59 euro for all those options!! In fact that's crazy :o
Did you mean your not wild about MUX exporting to VST or the MUX as a standalone player?
The latter is most useful, for me anyway.
It's about time someone released a modern easy to use standalone host. There are a few out there but MuX standalone would be a great addition to you're arsenal. :pray:
Not much point exporting to VST when you have MUX VST! But if we could purchase MUX VST with a standalone version that'd be super perfeck! :tu:
Last edited by freddo on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
:hihi: :lol:

bibz1st
KVRAF
1528 posts since 29 Mar, 2013

Re: MUX questions

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:24 am

Yea you're right, forget what I just said :D

....carry on as you were, nothing to see here...
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

SparkySpark
KVRian
1263 posts since 30 Aug, 2004 from Skövde, Sweden

Re: MUX questions

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:48 am

Hi,

I agree with Jo that 59 euros is a great price for MUX VST, but I don't know how many customers there are even at this competitive pricing (there are a lot of "steals" in the over-saturated VST market).

Indeed, I don't know anything about MUX VST sales and it's really not any of my business. :) I just came to think of this as an opportunity to bring in more customers to the land of MuTools. For most developers in this area, cash flow is a problem. Making a MUX player version (or so) could well get more people interested in the other MuTools products and by all means also drive purchases of MUX VST.

What I suggested is how a lot of digital business is carried out today (freemium and the like concepts), but as long as sales are fine enough for continuing development of MuLab and MUX, I'm happy. :) Well, just maybe I'd feel it would be nice to share my MUX creation with more people than the existing MUX users. :wink:

By the way, I'm now incorporating the Resonator in my new MUX. 8) Just need to find a place for it...
Making music is a nine-to-five job:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!

Return to “MUTOOLS”