Using the step sequencer to drive another step sequencer

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, over the documentation (https://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mux/m ... dules.html) there's this statement in regards to the Step Sequencer:
"Can be driven by another step sequencer, which can be driven by another one... Unlimited creativity."

I'm just trying to figure out what this looks like and how this works. An example would be greatly appreciated if convenient. :tu:
"Music is directly tied to the technology of a culture."
"Modular gear is the craft beer of music."

WIth your sequencers set up like this: [Input]->[S1]->[S2]->[Instrument]

Some practical things you might want to do are:
S1 plays a rhythm on a single note, S2 plays a melody. Now you can change your melody and rhythm separately.

S1 has 1 step per beat and plays a chord progression, S2 has more steps per beat and plays a riff/arp.

S1 and S2 both play simple rhythms but of lengths that do not divide evenly (or do if you want). This plays complex poly-rhythms.

civ77 wrote:WIth your sequencers set up like this: [Input]->[S1]->[S2]->[Instrument]
Great, thanks! I just wasn't sure what I had to do to make Seq1 trigger Seq2 and it's as easy as having a note(s) placed in the same step in each Seq. In my mind I made that out to be harder than it actually is.
Let the sequencer madness ensue!!
"Music is directly tied to the technology of a culture."
"Modular gear is the craft beer of music."

Return to “MUTOOLS”