Position counter keeps rolling while stopped??

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have been learning to use MuLab as a tool for my Beats club at the school that I teach at. I like the interface and I think students will pick up on it quickly. I have used other DAWs for years.

My only problem so far: the position counter regularly seems to keep running when playback is stopped. For instance, right now I have a 4-bar project open, and when I hit play it reads 4235.2. If I stop it and play again a few seconds later, it's like it has kept running in real time. Not sure what the problem is. Playback is looped. The position indicator when stopped is in the middle of bar one. There is no reason why it should jump to bar 4000 when I hit play.

The project loops normally when I first start up the program. I think the glitch may happen when the computer goes to sleep while the program is open.

Any ideas?

I have no idea. What platform are u on? If possible please post a screen video of this issue.

highrunner wrote:I think the glitch may happen when the computer goes to sleep while the program is open.
If you're on Windows, I'd recommend configuring your machine not to power save when it has mains power. (I'd also recommend, where possible, not to power save when running audio software as the driver stack can get confused to the extent, in my experience, of needing a hard reset with no opportunity to save.)

I'm on Windows 10. I attached a screen video of this problem. It just seems really weird... I haven't been able to identify exactly when it stops looping, but it happens regularly.

https://youtu.be/qej1qybC9rU

What audio driver type are u using: ASIO or MME?
When you right-click the cpu meter there is an option "Show Audio Engine Stats", click it and watch the numbers. Are they running normally? Is there a difference there when that issue starts happening?

I have figured out when exactly this happens, but not why. When I plug in my classroom projector, the computer switches the default audio device to the device built in to the projector. It ceases to play normally when I switch back or forth between the two audio devices.

It's easy enough to avoid, so I consider this case closed on my end.

Ok, thanks for the update on this.

Return to “MUTOOLS”