Change the tonality scale e.g. to Cis-Dur in MuLab

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,
I could not find out how to change the tonality e.g. to Cis-Dur in MuLab?
Not for a single note but the complete scale...
Can somebody please help?

Thanks, regards

It is done manually. Open the Compose window, then R-click on any piano roll key to show Edit Key Name to rename the keys. When you enter the first name, the keyboard GUI will change and show all note names, so you can rename (or replace with - ). If you want the text larger and brighter: on the far right scrollbar click + to vertically enlarge the key/text, and in Mulab>Edit Colors change the 'Piano Keys Highlight Color' to white. You can then save it all as a Template.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Michael L wrote:It is done manually. Open the Compose window, then R-click on any piano roll key to show Edit Key Name to rename the keys. If you want the names larger and brighter: on the far right scrollbar click + to vertically enlarge the key/text, and in Mulab>Edit Colors change the Piano Keys Highlight Color to white. You can then save it as a Template.
Thanks Michael, but what I mean is not to rename the keys.
I want to switch the scale from C-Dur to Cis-Dur, D-Moll and so on.

Ah, I thought you wanted to rename the enharmonics in Cis-Dur. Perhaps you want to play in one scale on your controller and output midi in another scale, then use the Note Mapper: https://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mux/m ... dules.html
All the best!
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Michael L wrote:Ah, I thought you wanted to rename the enharmonics in Cis-Dur. Perhaps you want to play in one scale on your controller and output midi in another scale, then use the Note Mapper: https://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mux/m ... dules.html
All the best!
Thanks Michael, this what I am looking for :-)
What I could not find out, how to connect the Note Mapper? The Note Mapper should first change the notes and then the synth should play the notes. But currently MIDI notes are direct in the track of the Moog synth.

[I can not upload a screenshot, Admin says Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.]

Maybe this would be a solution?

a MIDI track (MIDI song only, no synth) --> Note Mapper --> an empty track (just for the synth, but no MIDI song here)

Regards,

Do you want to record on a track the remapped notes? (Option 1)

Or do you want the original notes to trigger the synth after being remapped? (Option 2)

(MIDI In) -> (Option 1) -> (event Recorder) -> (event sequence/sequence part/track) -> (Option 2) -> (target module)

If you want option 2, that's simple: if you have the target module in the first slot of a rack, just move it down one to the second and put the remapper in the first slot.

pljones wrote:Do you want to record on a track the remapped notes? (Option 1)

Or do you want the original notes to trigger the synth after being remapped? (Option 2)

(MIDI In) -> (Option 1) -> (event Recorder) -> (event sequence/sequence part/track) -> (Option 2) -> (target module)

If you want option 2, that's simple: if you have the target module in the first slot of a rack, just move it down one to the second and put the remapper in the first slot.

Hello pljones,
It was option 2, and it works now.

Thanks to all :-)

Regards,

Return to “MUTOOLS”