Is there documented of the direction of MUTools plans with their products?

Official support for: mutools.com
Caps
KVRist
92 posts since 20 Jul, 2010 from Los Angeles

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:15 am

For instance:
  1. Creating an API for third party controller template profiles. This would help to encourage MUTools users or those thinking of using MUTools to continue with MUTools comfortably.
  2. To create instructor lead voice over videos. If you really want to experiment deeply into effects and routing, for instance, you will be hours trying to figure it out. Unlike many DAW, MUTools provides not one video which is instructor lead with at least a voice narrative. Can you imagine subscribing to a course which is completely presented in finger pointing and gestures?
  3. Offering MUTools components for Android tablets
Last edited by Caps on Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:31 am, edited 5 times in total.

Michael L
KVRAF
2358 posts since 25 Jan, 2014 from the End of the World as we Knowit

Re: Is there documented of the direction of MUTools plans with their products?

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:20 am

Caps wrote:Creating an API for third party controller template profiles.
See: https://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mux/u ... llers.html

Caps
KVRist

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:26 am

Hi Michael,

I was in the process of re-editing my post when you replied :( I was adding yet more stuff.

Michael L
KVRAF
2358 posts since 25 Jan, 2014 from the End of the World as we Knowit

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:31 am

Caps wrote:To create instructor lead voice over videos
See: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=MuLab

Caps
KVRist

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:47 am

As I stated above: To create instructor lead voice over videos. If you really want to experiment deeply into effects and routing, for instance, you will be hours trying to figure it out. Unlike many DAW, MUTools provides not one video which is instructor lead with at least a voice narrative. Can you imagine subscribing to a course which is completely presented in finger pointing and gestures?

Below is an example of a MUTOOLS produced video. All with gestures, pointing and text inserts. To really learn the power of this product and relative products, you have to have videos which are up to the task. There is non that I've seen. I guess you have not seen these types of videos which have great value for the consumer.

Example of a typical MUTools produced video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxOVq-I ... el=MUTOOLS (no voice) and more: https://www.youtube.com/user/MUTOOLS

Example of a video produced by the DAW company: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCaPeKd ... TimDolbear (a real learning session)

Bottom line, I am talking about access to technology which the consumer has purchased.
Last edited by Caps on Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Caps
KVRist

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:57 am

I wrote: Creating an API for third party controller template profiles.
You gave me: See: https://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mux/u ... llers.html

How does this deal with an API?

mutools
KVRAF
9543 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:01 am

There are no "documented future plans". Please note that i'm but a sole developer (who also has to do support, videos, admin, website, ...) and this aspect influences which features are selected for implementation and which not. I will never try to be as extended as certain other 'big daws" with loads and loads of special features. At the contrary, i will try to keep MuLab as lightweight as possible, but still offering a wide range of musical features which support and trigger musical inspiration and creativity. In fact sometimes i think MuLab already is too complex so i'm searching for ways to simplify, streamline certain aspects.

A controller API is not planned.

Going Android is something i want too. But that's a big adventure that still has to start.

I'm currently mainly working on the next main version M8.

About adding (no) voice to videos: It's more work to add voice and i try to streamline the workload in order to spare time for R&D and other tasks. If voice is really necessary in certain videos, i use voice. If it can be done without voice, that's faster to create.

pljones
KVRAF
6280 posts since 8 Feb, 2003 from London, UK

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:42 am

Using voice also introduces language barriers, of course - it can be more confusing that just seeing things done on a video which are on screen in front of you if there's a voice you're struggling to understand as well.

skarabee
KVRist
46 posts since 31 Mar, 2017 from New Caledonia

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:42 am

Just my 2 cents about Android. I've tried almost everything on this platform, and nothing very good, except Caustic. Android is a good system, but the main concern is latency and so many differents gear and versions. Samsung made some interresting stuff wich allows low latency, but only for some phones and tablet.
There is not so much to gain with Android market. You'll probably loose your time, Jo.

mutools
KVRAF

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:48 am

Thanks for your warning skarabee. I certainly will be careful wrt time spending, as i always try.

The thing about smartphones and tablets is that they're an essential part of life, and they can be a great tool for quick musical jams.

bibz1st
KVRAF
1528 posts since 29 Mar, 2013

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:23 am

It would be ok for editing and playback but not for actually 'playing along', not yet anyway.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

mutools
KVRAF

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:32 am

A draft idea is to have fun making quick drum patterns / basslines / grooves with a basic MuTools Android app, then be able to perfectly import it into MuLab Desktop.

Caps
KVRist

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:31 am

With all respect, I thought this MUTools project was a development team effort, very impressed with the development and design, and much more from a single individual. Will post my thoughts, which deserves yet another dedicated thread about resolving the issue of selecting a DAW for personal use but have the ability to collaborate.

However the issue still stands, no voice lead instructions, unfortunately MUTool technology will remain a well kept secret. Will start a new thread about videos so that other may be able to find this topic with its heading.

I am hear wanting to help and not complain, the spirit is to make a better MUTools, that is why I created this thread. If I knew how to work MUlabs, I would make those videos.

Regards,

Caps

skarabee
KVRist
46 posts since 31 Mar, 2017 from New Caledonia

Post Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:52 am

mutools wrote:A draft idea is to have fun making quick drum patterns / basslines / grooves with a basic MuTools Android app, then be able to perfectly import it into MuLab Desktop.
If you could build such a tool, this would be a good introduction to Mulab/MUX.
But there are already plenty of grooveboxes, where you can export midi/audio and use them in Mulab

Another idea should be to build a light MUX modular (FX and synth). Apart from Caustic's modularsynth, I don't see a lot of other. (And Caustic seems abandonned) The trick is to make the patches usable in full version of MUX/Mulab. Don't know if it's could be achieved in term of coding. (Android>Windows)

Caps
KVRist

Post Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:29 am

Good idea, most roads leading to MUTools will help support this great project. Modeling syths could be yet another idea for that person who has to spend time waiting, they could get some work done. I am finding myself amongst those who utilize time wisely. I often take my Android tablet (Marmellow 6) with me so that I may get work done if I know I am going overnight somewhere or will be waiting. I am looking for a surface controller for my tablet :).

The idea for Android, is to make available a component or subset of a particular MUTools product for Android (portable) use. I would give it away free with no ads.

I would like to state that Android tablets are powered by batteries, they do not have the option to bypass the battery and go dedicated AC. For this reason, I do not work on the tablet for long times, even if I have it plugged in to keep the battery up. A tablet needs to be designed whereas the option to slide a switch to AC only which cuts off the and isolates the battery. This would allow an Android app to be integrated at the workstation like any other DAW plugged in device without worrying about degrading the battery.

Return to “MUTOOLS”