Multisampla: can it do this?

Official support for: mutools.com
zooterman
KVRist
36 posts since 13 Jul, 2018

Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:37 am

Hi..

I've got a bunch of one-shot bass samples all in A# root note.

Aim: to load them across the keyboard range so the note that sounds is the correct key being pressed on the keyboard (Q: how to tell Multisampla its root note?), but what I'm going for is for the sample that plays back to be random and at the correct key I play.

It's a little specific, but was wondering if anyone knows what I'm trying to do?

thanks!

pljones
KVRAF
6281 posts since 8 Feb, 2003 from London, UK

Re: Multisampla: can it do this?

Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:36 am

Are you saying you want to hear the original A# regardless of what note you assign the sample to?

AndreasD
KVRian
829 posts since 3 Mar, 2009

Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:38 am

To edit the root note, click the zone you want to edit, then right click on the sample window and select Edit Properties.
If no root note is set the sample is played, with the sample zone only 1 note wide(!!), with no transpose where ever this 1 note wide zone is placed.

If I understand your request correctly, you should just set the root note and the note will automatically play with the transposed pitch depending on where you place the zone on the keyboard.

zooterman
KVRist

Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:07 pm

Thank you Andreas. (Is there any way to edit the properties of multiple samples, or can you only edit one by one?)

Basically, I have the bunch of A# samples stacked across the key range. They each transpose correctly according to what key I'm playing. But they all play as a layered stack.

What I want: to modulate which sample gets played (which lane). So working backwards from there, I first need to work out how to only play one of the stacked layers, and then how to modulate (e.g. via LFO) which one gets played. (the way I've set up the samples is in the screenshot).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bibz1st
KVRAF
1528 posts since 29 Mar, 2013

Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:52 pm

Would you not be better off using individual sample players instead ?
Do you want each sample to be able to play ( on its own ) the full key range but in a random order each time a key is pressed ?
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

zooterman
KVRist

Post Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:33 am

yes exactly, so that the selection of what sample is played is randomized by, say, a fast acting LFO.

So you're saying use multiple instances of Multisampla each with their own single sample, and then somehow (how?) instruct the signal to go through a different instance each time the key is pressed?

bibz1st
KVRAF
1528 posts since 29 Mar, 2013

Post Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:58 am

No, there is a 'single sample' player, use multiple instances of that then you want to attach a Note Dispatcher to the main Event input.
Double click the Note Dispatcher and choose your Output amount and select Random, then attatch the outputs to your multiple sample players inputs. Hopefully it should be fairly obvious from there. :ud:
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

zooterman
KVRist

Post Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:08 am

Brilliant!

Return to “MUTOOLS”