Polyphonic Grain Player inside Poly Synth module?

Official support for: mutools.com
Ksi
KVRer
12 posts since 9 Nov, 2018

Post Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:09 pm

I'm trying to create a MUX patch which for every input note picks a random segment from the audio loaded inside the Grain Player and outputs them polyphonically. I just can't get seem to make the patch work in a polyphonic fashion, as every note stops the previous one from sounding.

Any help appreciated.

EDIT: this is likely a bug with the Parameter Value Randomizer module, as stated here: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=514916

mutools
KVRAF
9582 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Re: Polyphonic Grain Player inside Poly Synth module?

Post Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:18 am

The only option i see is to use a Note Dispatcher that is connected to several PolySynths in which there is a Grain Player. Then eventually also use a random modulation signal inside each PolySynth to randomize each grain's start point.

Ksi
KVRer

Post Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:55 am

Ok thank you. Having to use multiple Poly Synths kind of defeats the point though. :)

Well, it was a good exercise, managed it in Alchemy eventually.

mutools
KVRAF
9582 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Post Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:14 am

Well, on 2nd thought, it might be possible with a single PolySynth by using a Note To Modulation Converter and use its random output to modulate the grain start of the Grain Player in that PolySynth.

Ksi
KVRer

Post Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:48 am

Yes, that seems to work! :)

It's also scalar so it's independent from the sample length, which works well. Cheers!

Return to “MUTOOLS”