Couple of strange things in 7.7.4....

Official support for: mutools.com
LYTZ
KVRist
163 posts since 26 Feb, 2007

Post Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:43 am

So I am checking back in on ML after quite some time.

On the first run some odd things popped up already:

1) When moving/copying a bunch of modules from the modular area into a MUX
ALL cable connections get deleted. I am pretty sure this wasn't the case in older versions.

2) When coloring a rack, ALL modules inside a MUX that is in that Rack
change color as well. (All MUX Modules change their color to the color that is assigned to the rack. This is also pretty odd to me.)

[Next one is more of a design annoyance: ]
3) When feeding MIDI from a Track/Rack Module A (i.e. Chord Track) to Rack/Module B (i.e. Synth), soloing Rack/Module B makes it silent.
This doesn't make any sense to me. Especially in a modular enviroment where this kind of routing is common.

Example: A Rack with played Midi-Chords on the timeline track is connected to several other racks with Arpeggiators/note distributors/channel splitters to different channels. I have absolutely NO way of soloing any of the racks/soundgenerators at all. Yeah, there are workarounds, but still...

(Working example: Logic Summing Stacks. You play your notes on the Summing Track. Notes get forwarded to the nested tracks in the stack. Nested tracks can still be soloed one by one like it obvioulsy should be the case.)

Version: 7.7.4 OSX 10.13.6

Best,
tL.

AndreasD
KVRian
833 posts since 3 Mar, 2009

Re: Couple of strange things in 7.7.4....

Post Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:48 am

Your no 1) and 2) are here at least since Mulab 4. I'm sure!

LYTZ
KVRist

Post Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:08 pm

Oh really? Well, then my mind really played tricks on me... I was quite sure it was different not that long ago...:)

LYTZ
KVRist

Post Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:41 am

Another thing:

When copying modules from the modular view into the MUX Area some modules keep their assigned color,
some reset to default. (Same type of modules I might add) I don't know man, something is not working right here.

(Edit: Seems to be a difference between moving racks inside a MUX and single modules. )

Return to “MUTOOLS”