Issues With iCloud Drive, Preset Recognition, Etc..

Official support for: mutools.com
mad4tunes
KVRer
1 posts since 12 Aug, 2003 from California, USA

Post Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:35 am

Hi,
I apologize if these issues have been covered elsewhere, but I searched and could not find answers.
I have these problems with MuLab:

1) I'm using different computers at different locations and times. To help me stay organized, I have an iCloud Drive subscription as a common storage area I can access from the PCs. The problem with this is MuLab does not recognize the location of iCloud Drive. I can only save or recall songs from local drives. Ok, so the work around is to copy the file from the local drive to the iCloud drive, then copy the icloud file to the local drive of the other machine I want to work with, which results in this problem...

2) When I do this the presets for the VST devices are gone. They seem to be set back to some default state for the VSTs even though I clicked the "Save and then close" option when closing the song. This means I have to go through the process of setting up the presets over again after the transfer.

If I'm missing something obvious, could someone please point out where I'm making a mistake.
Thanks,
-fleetfoot

mutools
KVRAF
9582 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Re: Issues With iCloud Drive, Preset Recognition, Etc..

Post Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:56 pm

The state data of VST plugins is stored in the .MuProject file. If you copy a .MuProject file from one PC to another (eg via your iCloud account) then this VST data is copied too and the VSTs should load fine on the destination computer. Tip: Make sure you have the exact same VST plugin setup + versions on both computers.

Return to “MUTOOLS”