WAV file format

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi
Bit of a weird thing here. Attached is a zip file contains a kick drum sample in WAV format. When I drop this into MuDrum, the sample loops despite the "no-loop" option being set. I can eventually get normal behaviour by minimising release time and flicking the loop option to "forward" then back to "no-loop". I haven't had this with other WAV files and wondered if there is some sort of format issue. I believe it is a 24 bit sample.
Thanks!!!
Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It's a display issue: Upon importing this sample the loop is set but that's not immediately displayed in the mudrum sampler. Clicking another pad and then get back to this pad refreshes the display. In M8 this issue will have been fixed.

Thanks for quick response. So "forward-loop" is the default setting on sample load? That explains it... I mainly make MUX drum sounds so I guess I hadn't properly noticed before.
Cheers
Paul

On the same subject, switching from "forward loop" to "no-loop" doesn't seem to stop the sample looping... it seems necessary to set release low before the loop stops. Is the the intended behaviour?
Thanks

And finally one other question.... re: the audio file browser. On autoplay, just about every sample loops in the browser except the attached one. Any reason? Obviously not a matter of life or death but thought you would be interested Jo.
Cheers
Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

smithoid wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:42 pm So "forward-loop" is the default setting on sample load?
No. Only if the sample has a loop defined in the file.

smithoid wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:54 pm And finally one other question.... re: the audio file browser. On autoplay, just about every sample loops in the browser except the attached one. Any reason? Obviously not a matter of life or death but thought you would be interested Jo.
Also answered by the previous answer ;)

Thanks again. I didn't realise that WAV files could have a loop defined in the header. You live and learn! A bit strange that the sample maker set the loop attribute to "on" when these sort of samples are one-shot.
Thanks again and looking forward to MuLab 8
Paul

Return to “MUTOOLS”