Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You can't rest!
We need more!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

mutools wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:24 am
mgiambro wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:14 am Update purchased. Congrats on MuLab 8 Jo. Keep up the great work!
Thanks! I'll do my best. Need some recovery days now to chillax and refresh the mind. But already looking forward to build further upon M8.
Take it easy,our enthusiasts sl23 will make free beer for u,jimp will make relaxing nature song for u.i will make new ideas for mutools mulab considering structure of mutools what we can do,u dont listen jimp and sl23 they have non-non-standart mind,they think that elephant can fit in hole of mouse,they dont know what structure mutools mulab has and what this structure allow to do.So wish me somethng good too,why not to send me 1 kilogram Raspberry pi 3 model B+ right now,i will make jam from it :hihi:
SCANDALLY FAMOUS COMPOSER :x
https://raph-t.bandcamp.com/

Oi Raph don't dis me! :x
You will be dissimilated :borg:
:o
Go back to your tunes :D

Jo, thanks for all the greatness you have bestowed upon us :tu:
Enjoy your rest period :D

mutools wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:24 am
mgiambro wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:14 am Update purchased. Congrats on MuLab 8 Jo. Keep up the great work!
Thanks! I'll do my best. Need some recovery days now to chillax and refresh the mind. But already looking forward to build further upon M8.
You have a good rest! And maybe have one or two of those potent Belgian beers to help you wind down. I look forward to the future developments.

sl23 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:31 pm Oi Raph don't dis me! :x
You will be dissimilated :borg:
:o
Go back to your tunes :D

Jo, thanks for all the greatness you have bestowed upon us :tu:
Enjoy your rest period :D
People this guy paid me money for advertising him making scandal with him,he want people to know him and then buy his songs.With this method he wants to stay in agenda showing ownself to web cameras of mutools mulab
SCANDALLY FAMOUS COMPOSER :x
https://raph-t.bandcamp.com/

:oops: Did anyone understand that? Anyone? :help:
Perhaps you just need a hug Raph :wink:
So here's a free one, don't get funny ideas though! :hug:
:tu:

How does one set the buffer size for latency on OSX MuLab 8? I'm coming from Ableton Live, preferences, set samples, 128 samples = about 5ms in and out. In Mulab I can only see preferences stream block size, default 750. Thats not buffer samples is it? Also what is Mulab recording at by default - 24 bit depth?
Thanks

popskull wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:12 pm How does one set the buffer size for latency on OSX MuLab 8? I'm coming from Ableton Live, preferences, set samples, 128 samples = about 5ms in and out. In Mulab I can only see preferences stream block size, default 750. Thats not buffer samples is it? Also what is Mulab recording at by default - 24 bit depth?
Thanks
Currently MuLab on MacOS uses the samplerate and buffersize that is set in the MacOS control panel of the audio device. Which audio device are you using?

mutools wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:14 am
popskull wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:12 pm How does one set the buffer size for latency on OSX MuLab 8? I'm coming from Ableton Live, preferences, set samples, 128 samples = about 5ms in and out. In Mulab I can only see preferences stream block size, default 750. Thats not buffer samples is it? Also what is Mulab recording at by default - 24 bit depth?
Thanks
Currently MuLab on MacOS uses the samplerate and buffersize that is set in the MacOS control panel of the audio device. Which audio device are you using?
MOTU UltraLite-mk4. I can set the sample rate, 48K in the OSX audio control panel and in the MOTU control, but not the buffer size. Thats usually set in the audio application. In LIVE I'm using 128 samples. In the wave editor I'm using , Acoustica , I set it to 512. Its set in the DAW & wave editor application. If MuLab cannot set this how do I know what its running at? other than hearing latency.

It's indeed on the wishlist to add control over buffer size and samplerate in the audio setup panel in MuLab for MacOS. Even though currently you cannot edit it in MuLab, you can view the buffer size via a right-click on the CPU meter in the transport panel -> Show Audio Engine Stats.

mutools wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:20 am It's indeed on the wishlist to add control over buffer size and samplerate in the audio setup panel in MuLab for MacOS. Even though currently you cannot edit it in MuLab, you can view the buffer size via a right-click on the CPU meter in the transport panel -> Show Audio Engine Stats.
Thanks, right clicking brings up 48000, block size 512. latency is 8 and 8 = 16. Thats pretty high for live tracking with plugins. Good if the block size can be changed to 256 and 128? Anyway of doing this in settings folder, audiosetup file?

I'm amazed this cannot be controled in the audio device's MacOS control panel. I didn't know that MacOS Core Audio devices are expecting this to be controlled in the DAW. Currently this is not yet supported in MuLab for MacOS (on Windows it is), but it is on the wishlist.

Curiously, the MuLab CPU meter shows a block size of 512 regardless of the buffer size I set in my Roland Quad Capture device driver in OSX, or the audio file stream size in MuLab prefs.
Last edited by Michael L on Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

What I've read, the audio application sets the buffer size on OSX. Live, Cubase, Logic, Bitwig, Reason, Reaper, Studio One, DP etc all have this setting. Looking for a workaround to force the default buffer through the command line, however that may not help if MuLab is setting it to 512.

I'll look into this.

Return to “MUTOOLS”