MuLab 8.1.24 beta

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That second video (with the consolidation errors) was done on M8.1.8. Proof is that I dragged a sample onto the sequence players panel, rather than the field, at about 12 seconds in.

However, I've since not been able to reproduce the problem. It may have to deal with switching audio drivers without refreshing the project, but even replicating that I haven't been able to reproduce the error.

So far so good then :tu: Thanks for making such awesome tools :D
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Oops sorry about my mistake about the versions, i must have mixed up with that first video then.

M8.1.9 is available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/beta/

What's changed:
  • Prototype of context menu info tips.
  • Fixed a couple of bugs when consolidating an audio sequence.
  • A couple of cosmetic tweaks.
How to update:
Windows: Replace the current MuLab.exe and MuLab.ID by the new versions.
MacOS: Replace the current MuLab.app by the new version.

About the context menu info tips:
When you hold the mouse over a menu item the info tip appears.
I only added a bunch of descriptions now so to check out this new feature.
These menu items now have a info tip:
  • MuLab -> Audio Setup
  • MuLab -> MIDI Setup
  • Sequence Part -> Consolidate
  • Sample Event -> All those Split functions
  • Several other...
In this prototype version the menu info tips appear in a tooltip window. But theoretically it's also possible to show them in another (docked) area. At this point i think a tooltip window suits best, but if anyone has a better idea, pls post your idea. It should be a horizontal area that has enough space to show a couple of text lines. Below the browser is not a fit, imho. The menu info tip area should also never be covered by any popup menu, otherwise it's mssing its goal.

When this new menu info tip system gets a green light, i'll add more info tips of course. Not for each and every function though. Self-explanatory functions like "Rename" won't get an info tip.

Curious for your feedback.

PS: I noticed in a last minute check that the very first time a menu info tip appears there is a black line in the bottom right corner. Pls ignore that, it's not intended and will be fixed.

Oh now that is nice! At first I thought a docked position would look better but considering that this is for menu items and not parameter, I believe that the tool tip window is also is the best option. The minimal window icons are also pretty. Very modern design :tu:

Current descriptions are concise, I love it!

Green light from me!
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

If would be better if u makr new mux device called Mux Harmony or Mux Orchestra,adding woodwinds,brass,strings especially tremolo strings,orchestral bass drum,orchestral sweep effect etc.U will magnet new users to mulab
SCANDALLY FAMOUS COMPOSER :x
https://raph-t.bandcamp.com/

I've been thinking, yes it happens, perhaps tooltip is better for menus and should you add parameter notes, these could be docked somewhere. Dunno what you call it but that area between compose and rack seems good place if it's not planned on being used. And, of course, if you plan adding parameter descriptions at some point. That would be massively helpful. Pretty please :hail: :hug: :wheee:

sl23 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:59 am Dunno what you call it but that area between compose and rack seems good place if it's not planned on being used.
That area is fully used. Have a look in the audio sequence editor. And don't forget different users have different screen widths, i mean that if the screen has a small width even that area (ie. with the part property panel and grid panel) in the composer can be quite filled. And even more if there would be more fields added to the part property panel.

Also this aspect: If the menu info tips would appear in a docked area of the main project editor window, but then you have a large floating window like a MUX modular area and you call a context menu there, then where have the info tips to be displayed?! In other words: If it's using a docked area then each window should have a docked info area. But then what about smaller windows, eg a small MUX front panel, or a LFO editor, ...

Just considerations.

Ah ok, I didn't realise that area was fully used.

Yeah I realised that, about the tooltips being covered by windows that is.

The Tooltips aren't too bad actually, thanks Jo.
May I request that you keep their width to a maximum, same as the MuLab -> Audio Setup Tooltip please.
The MuLab -> MIDI Setup Tooltip is too long and would look better and be easier to read if your eyes didn't have to travel half the screen. Thank you.

Panic = Reset the Audio & Music Engines in case of hanging notes.
Shorter and clearer in English, I think. Anyone else?

What's a music engine? MIDI?

sl23 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:15 pm Panic = Reset the Audio & Music Engines in case of hanging notes.
Shorter and clearer in English, I think. Anyone else?
I think you've identified a tricky area sl23. Keeping it short is good, but for none native English speakers it could be confusing. I suggest not setting anything in stone, just keeping it short for now and change it later in response to new users requests for clarification.
Last edited by heks on Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ah yes, I see your point. wouldn't it better for MuLab to be available in a few languages?

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

M8.1.14 is available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/beta/

What's changed:
  • Fixed a drawing bug in the popup window with the menu info tips.
  • Added more menu info tips.
  • Map MIDI Controller dialog: Listen To MIDI now is switched on by default.
  • Fixed an issue in the VST plugin sub-system that could cause certain VSTs (eg. SynthMaster 2.9) to go crazy upon opening their editor.
  • Shortcuts: The list can now be sorted by clicking on the column title.
  • Step Sequencer: Fixed a couple of issues in the when playing it live.
  • Step Sequencer: Finetuned behavior when deleting a pattern.
  • Several important bug fixes.
  • Other small improvements.
  • Extended log info.
How to update:

M8.1.15 is available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/beta/

What's changed:
  • When minimizing editor windows and then closing the minimized windows bar at the bottom, the rack desk disappeared. Fixed.
  • Dropping an audio file on the audio sequence editor caused a crash. Fixed.
  • Fixed a recent new bug that caused sample player displays not having a play cursor when in stretch mode.
  • Fixed a bug in the Chebyshev Filter that could cause a crash when changing the filter type or order during processing.
  • Added 2 new sequence functions: "Move One Step Left" and "Move One Step Right". Both shortcuttable of course.
  • Shortcuts: Added the option "Restore To Factory Defaults".
How to update:

Return to “MUTOOLS”