M8.3.4 beta

Official support for: mutools.com
mutools
KVRAF
10274 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Post Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:45 am

Thx for upgrading! Did you grab your initial user key? (just a yes/no question, i mean don't post any user key here)

mevla
KVRAF
2681 posts since 3 Nov, 2015

Re: M8.3.4 beta

Post Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:16 pm

I do not remember seeing anything looking like a user key: as soon as I clicked 'buy' it went to paypal. paypal had a problem though as it would not go back to the web site. I then got the paypal confirmation email, so I just closed the browser.

mutools
KVRAF

Post Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:43 pm

Please check your inbox (or spam folder), your personal user key should be there now.

mevla
KVRAF

Post Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:28 am

Thanks, I got it. I wanted to wait until I tried it to reply, but did not have the time to do so yet.

mevla
KVRAF

Post Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:23 pm

It's not possible to type characters into the license box of version 8. That makes it in this case impossible to enter the license key since copy/paste does not work in this setup. It would be so nice to have an option to read the license from a text file.

e-crooner
KVRian
500 posts since 22 Aug, 2019

Post Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:34 pm

Why does copy and paste not work?
Ctrl-C for copying and Ctrl-V for pasting always works.
Oops, just noticed you are on Linux. Seems it is Ctrl-Shift-V there.

mutools
KVRAF

Post Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:16 pm

To insert your user key copy it from the email (best including the dashed lines) then paste it into the Insert User Key dialog. There also is a paste button on the user key dialog.
See this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tze269R0r4g

mevla
KVRAF

Post Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:49 am

Again, copy/paste does not work on this system with this application.

Maybe a picture or two...

MUX 7 : It's possible to type characters :

MUX7InsertKey.jpg

MUX 8 : It's impossible to type characters (and copied characters in the system's buffer are not recognized hence the PASTE button is not activated - deadlock on this system)

MUX8InsertKey.jpg

Again, reading the license from a file could be an alternative.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mevla
KVRAF

Post Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:59 am

e-crooner wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:34 pm
Why does copy and paste not work? Ctrl-C for copying and Ctrl-V for pasting always works.
Why ? My guess is that it depends on the framework/tools/UI kit used in Windows development. For instance it works with Rob Papen synths such as Blue2, Predator2, Go2. It works with the approx. 104 Melda Production plugins for copying/pasting presets. So it depends. The exact technical software reason I haven't investigated, having many other things to do.
e-crooner wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:34 pm
Oops, just noticed you are on Linux. Seems it is Ctrl-Shift-V there.
I develop software on Linux for 15 years now. Brings bread and butter to the table, buys houses and cars, sends kids to universities. And yes, it includes knowing how to copy and paste, incredible ! :)

Ctrl-C, Ctrl-X and Ctrl-V works in Linux, and there's also the native way in which you can copy/paste without touching the keyboard.

mutools
KVRAF

Post Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:12 am

Typing characters indeed is not supported in the M8 user key dialog. That's intended because user keys are long text blocks and typing it would be time consuiming and high chance on errors. You must use copy-paste plain unformatted text. Make sure you copy the user key text on the clipboard. To ensure yourself it's properly copied on the clipboard paste it again in Notepad or a similar simple plain text editor. Note that Linux is an unsupported platform so i can't advice on how to properly copy-paste on Linux.

mutools
KVRAF

Post Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:27 am

PS: If copy-paste doesn't work on your Linux machine, try pasting the user key in a plain text file and save it, then drop that text file on the user key dialog, that should work too as that dialog accepts a text file drop.

mevla
KVRAF

Post Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:33 pm

I tried by dropping a text file onto the license dialog box: unfortunately it does not work.

Yes, Linux is not a supported platform. And I got MUX 7 on the basis of:

1) It works well on Linux
2) It offers great capabilities of sound production

Unfortunately with version 8 the first point might have to be crossed out, and that's a drastic change from version 7.

dakkra
KVRian
1031 posts since 4 Oct, 2012 from Utah

Post Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:30 pm

Perhaps (and I'm just shooting in the dark) a file chooser/dialog to be able to select a text file with the licence key? Under Wine it's possible to place the license key file under the emulated file system. I know linux is not supported, but it seems like a decent way to keep some form of work around.

I just tried to bridge MUX with https://github.com/psycha0s/airwave but as it turns out, airwave is horribly out of date. I spent three hours sifting through legacy SDKs, error logs, and more just for the symbol tables to not get built properly (it's missing SDK paths that exist but weren't linked and dear god I don't want to delve into the CMAKE tree to fix that).

I'm assuming then Mevla that you're not running Bitwig natively, but via Wine so as to be able to use windows VST on linux (I've seen you on the melda forums of couple of times). Bitwig Linux doesn't recognize dll's, hence my attempt at airwave and why I'm assuming you're running it under Wine.

I've used Mulab on linux in the past with Wine + WineAsio routed through JACK. It wasn't stellar, but it got the job done. MUX however is in a different technology stack, thus making it not as easy to port without the host also being under Wine.

I'll try to help the best I can, but I'm caught in between exams which limits my time.
Soft: Bitwig/Mulab, MUX, MXXX/MSoundFactory, Falcon, Synthmaster(One/2), Melodyne 4 Studio
Hard: Scarlett 2i2 V2, Schiit Audio Magni V3, Sennheiser HD6XX, JBL LSR 305(x2)
Comp: Ryzen 2700x, GTX 1080, 32gb ram, 1tb NVME SSD

32sl
Banned
2 posts since 27 Nov, 2019

Post Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:48 pm

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
dakkra wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:30 pm
Perhaps (and I'm just shooting in the dark) a file chooser/dialog to be able to select a text file with the licence key? Under Wine it's possible to place the license key file under the emulated file system. I know linux is not supported, but it seems like a decent way to keep some form of work around.

I just tried to bridge MUX with https://github.com/psycha0s/airwave (https://github.com/psycha0s/airwave) but as it turns out, airwave is horribly out of date. I spent three hours sifting through legacy SDKs, error logs, and more just for the symbol tables to not get built properly (it's missing SDK paths that exist but weren't linked and dear god I don't want to delve into the CMAKE tree to fix that).

I'm assuming then Mevla that you're not running Bitwig natively, but via Wine so as to be able to use windows VST on linux (I've seen you on the melda forums of couple of times). Bitwig Linux doesn't recognize dll's, hence my attempt at airwave and why I'm assuming you're running it under Wine.

I've used Mulab on linux in the past with Wine + WineAsio routed through JACK. It wasn't stellar, but it got the job done. MUX however is in a different technology stack, thus making it not as easy to port without the host also being under Wine.

I'll try to help the best I can, but I'm caught in between exams which limits my time.
Then tell me what is this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sl23
KVRAF
1770 posts since 28 Mar, 2008 from a Galaxy S7 far far away

Post Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:55 am

Is it Reaper? Oh, no sorry, it's an aardvark! :lol:
Last edited by sl23 on Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “MUTOOLS”