Round Robin and Pitch Bend

Official support for: mutools.com
FSM77
KVRist
130 posts since 9 Feb, 2016

Post Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:50 am

I've made a mux synth with 6 poly synths triggered by a round robin note dispatcher. However, pitch bend is working erratically.

Changing the pitch bend range of the waveform generators to anything except 0 causes the notes to jump pitch when you play em and the pitch bend wheel does Nada.

What's the way to achieve pitch bend with round robin dispatch ?
I MAKE FREE MUX SYNTHS

mutools
KVRAF
10393 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Re: Round Robin and Pitch Bend

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:19 am

The Note Dispatcher module always dispatches the incoming events to the selected output. This also applies to pitch bend events. For example, when you have 4 outs and you're at out2 with pitch bend full down, then switch to out 3, then as soon as you move pitch bend this will go to out 3, but out 2 will not output that new pitch bend change. If you want all connected synths to receive the pitch bend events, best to draw event connections from the pitch bend source directly to the synths.

FSM77
KVRist

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:33 am

It would be nice to have a module which can filter out events such as pitch bend so that I could introduce another event output module which could work independently of the note dispatcher. Would that be feasible?
I MAKE FREE MUX SYNTHS

FSM77
KVRist

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:37 am

Just realised though that the pitch bend event stream would need to be filtered to remove note on/off. Catch 22.
I MAKE FREE MUX SYNTHS

mutools
KVRAF
10393 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:47 am

Yes such filter module would be handy to route the pb events around the dispatcher. But i don't understand your last post, pls elaborate.

FSM77
KVRist

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:06 am

Hey, I think I'm confusing myself now. I'll experiment later when I get back on mulab.
I MAKE FREE MUX SYNTHS

Return to “MUTOOLS”