Simple Fade In and Out Technique...?

Official support for: mutools.com
ClassicalD
KVRer
2 posts since 13 Feb, 2020

Post Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:28 am

Hi,

I recently bought a copy of Mulab, having tried the demo and liked what I saw.

However, at the moment I'm working on a complex classical piece, which requires detailed gain modulation on each track. I'm finding it very hard to achieve the results I want, since every time I open up a "gain automation sub-track", I loose sight of the track itself, which then necessitates going back and forth between composer view and automation sub-track view until I get a major headache! Is there any way to make it possible to see the notes of a track while editing it's automation curve? I really hope so, because in most other ways, I really like Mulab! However, without this feature, I may be forced to conclude that it is unsuitable for my purposes...

In my opinion, it would also be great to have a simple curve editor accessible by clicking and dragging on the upper corner of a part, so that certain basic modulations could be made without having to open up a separate sub track...

I hope somebody can help me out, and thanks in advance!

bibz1st
KVRAF
1694 posts since 29 Mar, 2013

Re: Simple Fade In and Out Technique...?

Post Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:40 am

Try opening the sub track in a floating window (right click 'EDIT' to select )which you can then move around
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

mutools
KVRAF
10393 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:21 am

ClassicalD, i understand your feedback and feature request to be able to edit envelopes directly from the composer. There is a good chance this will be improved in a future version, though i cannot give a time estimation yet atm.

ClassicalD
KVRer
2 posts since 13 Feb, 2020

Post Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:40 am

Thanks for the advice and for registering my request! For the moment, I'll just focus on using Mulab for different kinds of music... The floating window idea is nice in principle, but in practice, I can never get the windowed view and the composer view to line up on a 1:1 ratio... Also, it's still a hassle in terms of work flow.

On another note, I'm still waiting for my permanent user key, having placed an order several days ago now. How long does it usually take to arrive?

Anyways, thanks for the awesome software!

mutools
KVRAF
10393 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Post Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:52 am

On another note, I'm still waiting for my permanent user key, having placed an order several days ago now. How long does it usually take to arrive?
Please rest assured your initial user key works fine until your personal user key arrives, which will be sent one of the days.
Anyways, thanks for the awesome software!
Please help making MuLab & MUX Modular more known by mentioning it on your social media :pray: :tu:

AndreasD
KVRian
839 posts since 3 Mar, 2009

Post Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:06 am

ClassicalD wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:40 am
The floating window idea is nice in principle, but in practice, I can never get the windowed view and the composer view to line up on a 1:1 ratio...
There is the copy/paste Time Zoom in the context menu to sync various tracks

Return to “MUTOOLS”