Disappearing Samples

Official support for: mutools.com
bbreakz
KVRist
281 posts since 28 Jul, 2005

Post Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:45 am

I don't think I can recreate this issue, but I think I've had some samples disappear.

1) I was doing some sound design and bouncing and renaming the files using the new bounce feature.
(the samples showed up in the Audio Files window for the project and I renamed them accordingly.)

2) I tried dragging one of the samples into a MuSampla but it won't drop into it (it would drop onto the compose window though.)

3) I tried copying the files into the project (as I thought this might help) -but it only copied the first one and then the others showed up as missing after I tried a restart.... I tried locating them, but it says it can't find them, but it still lists them in the Audio File window, but they don't have any sound.

Very odd it seems, anyone else have that happen?
I've had it happen before where certain files don't want to go into the Musampla after bouncing, but never had samples disappear.

It was a total of 8 samples

mutools
KVRAF
10557 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Re: Disappearing Samples

Post Fri May 01, 2020 2:19 am

bbreakz wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:45 am
2) I tried dragging one of the samples into a MuSampla but it won't drop into it (it would drop onto the compose window though.)
Indeed i see that drag-dropping an Audio Stream onto a sample player does not yet work. Dropping audio files works fine though. The next version will support such drag-drop. Good hint :tu:
3) I tried copying the files into the project (as I thought this might help) -but it only copied the first one and then the others showed up as missing after I tried a restart.... I tried locating them, but it says it can't find them, but it still lists them in the Audio File window, but they don't have any sound.
You wrote that you have renamed the audio files. Could it be that you renamed them after you have saved your project and that you didn't resave your project after renaming those audio files?

bbreakz
KVRist

Post Fri May 01, 2020 9:55 am

mutools wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 2:19 am
You wrote that you have renamed the audio files. Could it be that you renamed them after you have saved your project and that you didn't resave your project after renaming those audio files?
Yes thats definitely possible... and actually I think the vst I was using at the time kept Mulab from closing properly, although I didn't see it crash.... This particular vst behaves funny sometimes and doesn't load properly which is a shame because it has great sounds. Thanks again

mutools
KVRAF
10557 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Post Fri May 01, 2020 10:03 am

Pls avoid using instable VSTs. There are a zillion virtual synths out there. Make sure you select a bunch of rock solid quality synths & effects that match your sonic taste and let your creativity be your main plugin :wink:

bbreakz
KVRist

Post Fri May 01, 2020 12:14 pm

The AU version seems to work a lot better than the vst.. I have a plug-in host that can run Au in Mulab so might go that route thx

Return to “MUTOOLS”