Envelope Follower with lowpass filter

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,
can someone explain me how to set up an envelope follower with a lowpass filter on MuLab? Obviously I want the Cutoff to be controlled by the Envelope follower. The version of MuLab I use is old (6.5) but I think the principle is still the same. I know the Envelope Follower is in Mutools > Modules > Event Generators but how to connect it in the Modular section to the lowpass filter. I don't have a clue.

Kewin

Hi Kewin,
connect the event generator event output with an adsr. connect the modulation output from the adsr with modinput (i.e. cutoff) from the filter. Then Connect all audio ins and outs and fine-tune all parameters.
Cheers

Kewin, pls also have a look at:
http://www.mutools.com/info/M8/docs/mux/mux.html
http://www.mutools.com/info/M8/docs/mux ... ditor.html
That are M8 docs but i think a lot still is relevant to you.

Hi Urvieh,
thank you for your answer but I'm not able to follow your instructions. I'm not an expert. I know how to add in the Modular Section an Audio Enveloppe Follower (which you call Event Generator since it's in the Event Generator list) and an ADSR (from the Modulation Generator list, right?). I tried to connect everything the way you said but I doesn't work so obviously I don't understand everything. If you have some time, can you re-explain me but in a much more thorough and descriptive way?
I've got my Rack (let's call it like that) which plays the melody. Next, what do I connect to what? Which color of jack?

Kewin

P.S.: as for the answer from Mutools, thank you but these docs don't help me.

Hi basically, it's very simple.

First of all you must have a trigger-Signal which comes from the Enevelope-Follower Module. This Module generates trigger Event- Signals, when an audio-signal arrives.
The Envent Signal then is connected to an ADSR which generates time-depended modulated Signal. Every time an Event-signal comes to the ADSR, it works like a reset-signal.
With the Modulated Signal coming from the ADSR you can in example modulate the Filter-Cutoff.
For this following simple Example you only need to turn the cutoff-knob down to hear the effect is working.
2020-05-23_13h17_17.png
I have Mulab 7 and 8, so i can't tell you if it works with Mulab 6.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Great!!! Many thanks Urvieh. That works now!

Return to “MUTOOLS”