Announcing MuLab 9 with Clip Launching and more!

Official support for: mutools.com
sdv
KVRian
657 posts since 15 Sep, 2003

Post Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:37 pm

Michael L wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:44 pm
Just a thought, sdv... you could make two giant demo MuProjects (Effects and Instruments) that include all the presets categorised into racks. We could d/l that project with the MuLib preset zip.
That's an interesting idea, Michael. I can see some large files this way but it would give the user a head-start on implementing the desired MUX.
"Music is directly tied to the technology of a culture."
"Modular gear is the craft beer of music."

KVRian
666 posts since 27 Nov, 2011

Post Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:48 pm

Are there any plans for integrating with clip-launcher controllers like Akai APC40 or Novation Launchpad?

KVRAF
2079 posts since 30 Aug, 2004 from Lancaster, UK

Post Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:43 pm

sdv wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:37 pm
I can see some large files this way but it would give the user a head-start on implementing the desired MUX.
I may well be wrong, but I don't think there's a footprint to mention re the presets. After all, they should pretty much be text documents. Edit: Just checked. The fx section is just a few MB in total. The Instruments section is bigger, mostly due to Urveih's 55MB synth patch folder. :wink: Obviosuly, all of those patches don't need to be represented.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

KVRAF
3494 posts since 25 Jan, 2014 from The End of The World as We Knowit

Post Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:24 pm

SparkySpark wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:43 pm
The Instruments section is bigger, mostly due to Urveih's 55MB synth patch folder. :wink: Obviously, all of those patches don't need to be represented.
We can audition each Instrument with one click in the MuLab browser, so an instrument 'mega-project' would add the ability to see the interface with one click (some are truly amazing) and hear it play a standard midi demo loop.

So it might be best to do an FX project first.

Your second point applies to both FX & Instrument patches, because some effects and instruments have many 'variations on a theme' so having one example of each would make the project more workable.

sdv
KVRian

Post Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:49 pm

Michael L wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:44 pm
Just a thought, sdv... you could make two giant demo MuProjects (Effects and Instruments) that include all the presets categorised into racks. We could d/l that project with the MuLib preset zip.
For Effects, perhaps leave the first slots open for an instrument (I often demo with the Classic Piano).
For Instruments, maybe make a midi loop with bass, melody, rhythm chords, pads.
The rest of us could use those Projects to demo each preset: to open it, listen, and delete the ones we don't want :shrug:
Ok, I just re-read this post and so I'm wondering: you're thinking that each person includes an example MuProject file in with their MUX creation? For some reason I originally thought you were saying there be two meta-projects; Instruments & FX, which housed ALL Library MUX's of said type. Don't know why I thought that (hungover probably :ud: ).

KVRAF

Post Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:09 pm

sdv wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:49 pm
Don't know why I thought that (hungover probably :ud: ).
In Vino Veritas: your hungover thought was correct: two mega projects with all MUX's of said type.

KVRist
69 posts since 10 May, 2014

Post Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:39 am

is there any beat version around the corner???

KVRAF

Topic Starter

10925 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Post Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:20 am

What do you mean with beat version? You mean a free version for Beat magazine?
Note that currently MuLab 8 can be used for free, see http://mutools.com/shop.html
If you don't like the "temporary" aspect, also see MuLab 8 Free: https://www.mutools.com/mulab-downloads.html (scroll down)

KVRist
69 posts since 10 May, 2014

Post Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:56 pm

mutools wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:20 am
What do you mean with beat version? You mean a free version for Beat magazine?
Note that currently MuLab 8 can be used for free, see http://mutools.com/shop.html
If you don't like the "temporary" aspect, also see MuLab 8 Free: https://www.mutools.com/mulab-downloads.html (scroll down)
Nope... I mean the version 9 beat. Cause you said it would come soon at last autumn. I assume we are in the completion phase right now. Best wishes~

KVRAF

Post Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:10 pm

I think 'beat version' means 'with clip launcher'

KVRAF

Topic Starter

10925 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Post Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:22 pm

Ok, thx for the clarification. Well as you might suspect there is a delay on the planning. I cannot yet give a reliable time estimation on M9 but be sure that week after week it's getting closer.

KVRAF
2186 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Post Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:35 am

Any plans to simplify the sidechaining process?

KVRist
42 posts since 23 Dec, 2007

Post Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:36 am

I’m pretty sure they meant beta version and had a typo or autocorrect to “beat”

sdv
KVRian

Post Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:05 am

Michael L wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:09 pm
sdv wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:49 pm
Don't know why I thought that (hungover probably :ud: ).
In Vino Veritas: your hungover thought was correct: two mega projects with all MUX's of said type.
That is an interesting notion. My question - who would manage the meta-projects? Each time there was a new entry to the library *someone* would have to add it to the MuProject. And then, the user would have to download that new MuProject. I wonder if the community has the appetite?

KVRAF

Post Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:55 am

sdv wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:05 am
My question - who would manage the meta-projects? Each time there was a new entry to the library *someone* would have to add it to the MuProject.
The person adding a preset to the library could add it to the mega, or each user could add it to their own. It is just a way to more quickly preview, and probly wont include every preset anyway (some have many variations) so imperfection is a given...

Return to “MUTOOLS”