FR: Track time +/- offset

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there an option to offset midi or audio data with a track setting and not by moving midi/audio data itself? This is such an important feature!
Last edited by midiboss on Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

No such option on track level, but you can insert an audio or event delay into a rack.

Just tested it to make sure. Event delay can't have negative values, therefor e.g. slow pads can't be pulled back to fit better into a composition. AFAIK this is reoccurring FR for all DAWs at some point before implementing it.

FR alert: It would be really useful if it would be somehow implemented on track parameter level. Of course with negative values ability.

midiboss wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:34 am Event delay can't have negative values, therefor e.g. slow pads can't be pulled back to fit better into a composition
Look into the latency generator module. It can be used to trick the APLC system into compensating for delay that doesn't exist, thus incurring negative time relative to the latency compensation. The downside of this of course is that you now have latency in the project.

For the record, Bitwig can do it this way (tricking APDC system) or via sliding events in a clip, but there is no track level method as desired by the OP.
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Thank you for adding additional info. I'm kind of slowly getting into Mulab, testing the demo version for now. I really like the paradigm of Mulab. I know about a small dev team, so adding a new feature is harder as with larger dev teams.
I find this concrete functionality a must-have. I wouldn't use (buy) DAW without it.
I invite others to chime in if they agree this should be included, so devs can evaluate it not just from my opinion.

Yes, I asked for that years ago.
Atm I shift the track elements if necessary, but you never know the exact value. 15 years ago I was using Emagic Logic on PC until it went to Apple. Track shifting was possible then, both plus and minus in Milliseconds per track ...

My other main-FRs are
1) a tempo track just like any other automation and
2) time-signature changes.
3) Viewing two or more tracks at the same time or at least have the same cursor-position and zoom-setting when selecting another track in edit-mode.
But beside of this MuLab is a great tool and I suggest: Buy the full version!
All other DAWs I know are graphically overloaded, MuLab makes it easy for me to focus on music. I love it despite some weaknesses!

Return to “MUTOOLS”