Timing and Pitch Bending/stretching

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not sure what to call it exactly. I don't normally listen to Trance style music, but have the last few days. Sometimes they'll take what sounds like an arppegio of 4 notes, like a simple quarter note pattern. Then, without changing the overall timing of the song, slowly increase the speed of the arppegio until it gets to near infinity, and now sounds like one note, then bring it back down. Sometimes they do the same thing, but also by increasing the pitch slowly up to a screetch. They do the same thing with vocal loops, slowing or speeding them up, raising/lowering pitch, etc. Are these types of effects even possible in MuLab? If not, how is this normally done? More curious than anything else...

I can think of several ways. Here are two:
- In an Audio Sequence change the stretch or pitch while a (unsliced) loop plays.
- Use many instances of MuSampla, with different stretch/pitch.
You should play with it! MuLab is great for hands-on experimentation.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

I'm still putting together my studio room/guest room (sometimes you have to make some compromises in a marriage!). Hoping to have it done and set up by the end of this week.. Then I'll get to play with all the fun stuff. Thank you for the idea!

Hoping that I understood you correctly: the simplest thing is to use the grain player. Simply load a sample into it, play it with the keyboard and automate the grain length button

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTRq8trsHgw

Well, yes! That is essentially the effect I want. But can you record the effect while you're doing it? During the video, I didn't see him actually make a track while turning the knobs and making it do that and then playing it back as a recorded track.

Recording parameters is always the same: Simply hit record and tweak the parameter knob/slider. So in this case you could record the Grain Length knob. Does this help?

Return to “MUTOOLS”