All user settings returned to default

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mutools wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:08 am
e-crooner wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:00 pm Today I tried to export a simple, short clip to audio, Mulab crashed completely, simply disappeared. The audio file on the desktop is completely empty, 0 bytes. Something is seriously wrong with the latest version of Mulab.
Note that the crash could be in a VST plugin. If any VSTs were used then simply concluding that it is MuLab's fault is a wrong conclusion.
Please send me the detailed crash report thus the tech info that includes exception module and address etc. And try to repeat the problem and then post the precise steps how to repeat it.
I have had export crashes and empty audio files before.
The plugin was Diva, not exactly an immature, buggy plugin.
When I tried it again after the crash, it worked.

I don't see any crash report. The last log was from July 7.

e-crooner wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:53 pm The plugin was Diva, not exactly an immature, buggy plugin.
That's not a technical statement.
I need facts. Detailed crash reports and/or log files. Precise technical descriptions.
Otherwise i can't do much.
I think i already mentioned that in previous (difficult) communication we had.
When I tried it again after the crash, it worked.
Could be a multi-threading issue, possibly in Diva. Those type of issues typically only happen "sometimes" when a coincidence between parallel threads happen. If you wanna know why then learn the basics about "multi-threading".
I don't see any crash report. The last log was from July 7.
See http://www.mutools.com/info/M8/docs/mul ... oting.html

So if you did not get a MuLab red alert box about the crash, then the crash details can be retrieved using Windows' Event Viewer.

Just sent you the crash report file per mail...
If you need me to translate something into English, tell me 8)

Thx for the crash report but it's full of unreadable characters, like chinese or something.
But as you could read it it seems to be a crash in Sylenth1.

mutools wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:34 pm Thx for the crash report but it's full of unreadable characters, like chinese or something.
But as you could read it it seems to be a crash in Sylenth1.
What?! It does not contain any unreadable characters, I opened it in Notepad.
Send the mail back to me including the attachment, I will open it and paste the content right into my mail to you.

And no, idle Sylenth1 was not even involved in what I did. Except if Mulab involved it somehow which it shouldn't have.

e-crooner wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:41 pm What?! It does not contain any unreadable characters
It does here. I can show u a screenshot.
Send the mail back to me including the attachment, I will open it and paste the content right into my mail to you.
Done.
And no, idle Sylenth1 was not even involved in what I did. Except if Mulab involved it somehow which it shouldn't have.
You wrote yourself that Sylenth was part of the project.

mutools wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:57 pm
e-crooner wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:41 pm What?! It does not contain any unreadable characters
It does here. I can show u a screenshot.
Done.
You wrote yourself that Sylenth was part of the project.
Here it is all in English and German. No odd characters.

Yes, but I was not using Sylenth1, it was just sitting there idle. I only used Diva, recorded a few chords, and then tried to export that clip to an audio file. Why would Sylenth1 do anything the moment I try to export a Diva clip, the only clip there was?

e-crooner wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:01 pm Here it is all in English and German. No odd characters.
Your 2nd resend now is readable, thx.

So indeed the crash is in Sylenth 1.
If this is a repeatable issue i suggest you send a precise description of the issue together with the crash report to the Sylenth dev team.

Mluab 7 still works flawlessly, the old settings, projects, templates etc. are all still working after at least a year :tu:

I don't need the new stuff you have added, anyway.

Return to “MUTOOLS”