Bipolar knobs/sliders? How?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone, while i'm making patches i found that the in the general menu Mulab>GUI>Knobs or sliders i can't make them bipolar as it shows in the preview on designer. So, silly question, how to do it? Am i missing something?
bipolarslider.gif
Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Here you go
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thank you runaudio but, this is not the case, it is about the GUI, as you can see in the gif, the preview is showing the bipolar option but, i cannot implement in the front panel. the fill must be in bipolar mode in this eq... so, any suggestions? or maybe it is a bug...
Thanks again.

I understand what your trying to do.
But I have only found this solution So far.

Is it not the case, that the thing you are presenting on the gif is just only setting for the colors, shapes, etc?
And if you want to see sliders are different then this is rather based on the implementation what kind of slider was used on the GUI?
In my opinion type of the slider should be changed on the mux. That would be my gues.

Regards

if you see the end of the gif, i made a change in the slider that probes i'm working on this slider.
i cannot find the way to set the slider or knob that shows this fill coming from the center.

Yes, I know. I am guessing what you tried to do is to edit style of the slider and not the slider itself. If that slider is bipolar then it would look like that. But it is not.
I played a little bit and edited one of the mux modular widgets.
I converted knob to slider and found that if you want to have bipolar type of slider the property you want to control must support that, i.e. volume can be from 0% to 100% but pan can be left / right. What does it mean - you can control volume using only normal slider but pan will be controlled by bipolar.
How this sounds?

Regards

I see , in the racks at least the pan is bipolar, but, what about the negative values where the center is zero like the eq example? or if i want to implement a some kind of crossover?, or dry/wet?. :idea: There would be an option to change this. or maybe add in the future version of M8/9 that, on the slider/knob properties in the MUX front panel there is some checkbox for this.
it's just a minor tunnigs and not so relevant for the functionality after all.

Regards
Fabian

I know what you mean. I wished knobs could be defined as bipolar too as some front panel controls for wet/dry are unipolar which is incorrect

sl23 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:58 pm some front panel controls for wet/dry are unipolar which is incorrect
:hihi: you're correct. what was i thinking...

Hopefully this may be fixed at some point, but it's not a big issue after all :pray: :D

Sorry for the delay.
The Multimode Filter Gain indeed must be shown bipolar.
That will be fixed in the next update.

Return to “MUTOOLS”